cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

What else does Samsung plan on putting in one UI 6?

(Topic created: 09-21-2023 12:30 PM)
jdunkin
Astronaut
Options
Suggestions
There's literally like 3 minor changes to me. The new music UI the quick toggle layout and very little lock screen customization. I'm curious does Samsung plan on adding more features or what pretty bad that google and Apple has worked harder or they're customization than Samsung has with the they're new OS update. 
5 Replies
46m3csl
Comet
Options
Suggestions
As far as we can tell apparently nothing lol other than the media player
SBoogie
Galaxy
Options
Suggestions
Yeah media player and quick panel the only 2 changes in one ui 6 so far lol come on Samsung
0 Likes
JumpingHoses
Comet
Options
Suggestions
There are far more changes than 3..
- The Battery menu changed, for the worse IMO.
- Emojis changed.
- Weather app was redesigned.
- Several new widgets or resigned ones.
- Notification drawer icons and grouped notification changes, and general design change.
- OneUI home had several changes.
- Gallery, Camera, Photo Editor and other system app had changes too.
- Samsung Internet's video assistant lets you play videos in background.
- Screen Curtain feature in Good Guardians Battery Saver.
- Modes and Routines had changes.
- Toggling airplane mode retains Bluetooth and wifi settings.
- Auto blocker, as part of Android 14.
- Camera as webcam should be added. It's part of Android 14.
And now I'm tired of typing.

If you somehow think there are only 2 or 3 changes, you're not very observant or frankly lazy. There are several articles out there with lists of OneUI changes that you can Google. You could also look up Android 14 feature lists. Or just refer back to the several page long changelog for beta 1. That alone has more than 3 minor changes.

Samsung has also included several questions about changes in every single survey, which add up to more than 3. Have you just ignored the surveys or somehow forgot about all of these feedback questions?

Yes I am obviously peeved about this subject, that you and 2 others think Samsung has made only 2-3 changes in OneUI 6.
Options
Suggestions
Totally agree. Casual observers need not apply to the beta program.

To add to your list, there are all the "under the hood" changes for security, and other optimizations.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Suggestions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes