Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixy

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 09:18 AM)
Nabe3lF
Constellation
Options
Tips
Can we just eliminate Bixy? 90% of people use either Google or Alexa. Last 4 Samsungs phones I've owned, I never used bixy. Why is Samsung trying so hard to push Bixy ... 
14 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Tips
I don't use Bixby either
Options
Tips
Should be optional/ able to delete at least, among with many other apps
Av3rag3Jo3
Halo
Options
Tips
I hear what you're saying but I value bixby routines quite a bit. The level of automation you can do is pretty impressive. Comparing with Google Assistant and Alexa for usability as a digital assistant, yes Bixby is the worst for voice recognition and smarts imo. But again, removing bixby would kill routines and make it less competitive against siri shortcuts.
egor0128
Comet
Options
Tips
Yes I agree. Bixby is great for some points. I think if you don't want it don't use it. Me I'm using all three.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Tips
I like using Bixby compared to Google Assistant for some reason. It has its advantages and it is definitely better than Siri so I just use it.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Tips
Sorry you don't see the full value of Bixby as it offers options and functions not provided by Alexa or Google Assistant. Custom Bixby routines are a powerful tool if you take the time to check it out. I understand that some may shy away from something they might feel may be too complicated to use or understand. It doesn't take a programming genius to make a custom Bixby routine. You can choose from premade routines, export and share them or examine and modify routines to fit your needs.

Bixby = 224kb and 127 MB with data, Bixby Routines and Bixby Vision = 224 kb & 5 MB each and only use 7ish MB each with data.

So if you choose not to use any Bixby apps they only use about 5.5 MB of storage. I don't think that's gonna make it break using your phone.

I'm sure you have many apps and games on your phone taking up hundreds of MB that you hardly ever use. Just sayn'... 🙄
Dingodown
Comet
Options
Tips
This should be in suggestions or discussions not tips
Options
Tips
Thanks gatekeeper...