Original topic:

Extra Brightness

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 03:08 PM)
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Tips
Just noticed today 

now there is now an extra brightness toggle that pops up when adaptive brightness is turned off 
10 Replies
youu
Comet
Options
Tips
That was a feature last yr in android 12
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Tips
It was never on my phone until now and I have never seen it there before neither I always turn the adaptive brightness off when I use the penup app which is pretty much daily
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Tips
It was always there for me even on stable
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Tips
If you have adaptive brightness on it won't show
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Tips
Yes I seen it for the first time after installing the beta I color in the penup app pretty much daily and I always shut adaptive brightness off because it is very annoying when my hand covers the sensor and the screen gets darker in the middle of coloring the extra brightness toggle was not there when you pull down notification panel to adjust the brightness prior to the beta I knew you could go to settings and set it prior to the beta
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Confused980
Comet
Options
Tips
When I purchased my s22 ultra at launch, the feature was already there
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Tips
Ok I have to explain a little more yes both of you are right it was there before it was in the settings menu now it is there when you pull down notification panel I am including a picture of my girlfriend's S22 Ultra she isn't in the beta she's on Android 12 OneUI 4.1 we pre-ordered them you can see the extra brightness toggle is not there when adaptive brightness is turned off like my first post 20220812_112734_1000002066_1660318056.jpg
Options
Tips
That setting has actually been around since One UI 4.1 was released with the Galaxy S22 trio. If you had not noticed, you weren't looking, because it's been in the same spot in the settings in display and if you turn off adaptive brightness it will show an extra toggle under it that is lone behold Extra Brightness. Yes, that came with the S22 trio! Although, yes it is included in the notifications panel, but the setting was originally already in the S22 series and One UI 4.1