1. What is the One UI Watch Beta Program?
The One UI Watch Beta Program is owned, managed, and operated solely by Samsung. Its purpose is to create a better, more reliable operating system and user experience (UX) for Samsung wearable devices, based on user feedback.
As a Beta program participant, you can preview new features and UX for the latest Wear operating system, and submit feedback about its performance, stability and usability.
Note: To participate in the One UI Watch Beta Program, you will need to install Beta software. The Beta software is intended only for testing purposes and may contain bugs, errors, and inaccuracies or behave unexpectedly. Some software features may also be incomplete or missing. The Beta software is provided "as is" and "as available", without any warranty of any kind from Samsung. Samsung expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
Your use of the Beta software is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of the Beta software including loss of data. Samsung will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of or relating to participating in One UI Watch Beta Program.
2. What does it cost to participate in the One UI Watch Beta Program?
There is no cost for participating in the One UI Watch Beta Program. However, you are responsible for expenses related to using a data network connection to download the Beta software or upload error logs. Connecting to Wi-Fi before downloading Beta software is highly recommended.
3. Is there any compensation for One UI Watch Beta Program participation?
The One UI Watch Beta Program is an opt-in, voluntary program. Your reward for participation is improved software for Samsung devices based on your feedback.
4. How do I participate in the One UI Watch Beta Program?
To participate in the One UI Watch Beta Program, you must register through the Samsung Members app on your device:
1. In the Samsung Members app, log in with your Samsung Account. If you do not have a Samsung Account, create an account on the Samsung Account site.
2. Once logged in the Samsung Members app, select "Notices > Registration for One UI Watch Beta Program".
3. Complete and submit the application form. If you meet the participation criteria, you will be enrolled in the One UI Watch Beta Program.
5. Do I need to back up the data on my device before I use the Beta software?
Unexpected behavior in the Beta software can cause data loss. Before installing the Beta software, it is highly recommended to back up your data to your computer with the data backup function of Galaxy Wearable app.
6. How do I install the Beta software on my device?
You must be enrolled in the One UI Watch Beta Program to install the Beta software. To avoid compatibility issues, before installing the Beta software, make sure all applications on the device are updated to the latest version available.
If you enrolled in the Beta program successfully, update notifications will be sent at the start of Beta.
To install the Beta software, on your device, select "Settings > Software update > Download and install". You can also use the update menu in Galaxy Wearable app.
Beta software updates are rolled out gradually to One UI Watch Beta Program participants.
7. If an error occurs while installing the Beta software, what do I do?
If an error occurs during Beta software installation and you can no longer use your device, find assistance with resetting the device by visiting Samsung Service Center or calling 1-800-726-7864 to locate the nearest Service Center.
8. Under what conditions can I use the Beta software?
To participate in the One UI Watch Beta Program, you agree to use the Beta software only for personal, non-commercial purposes, and to abide by the One UI Watch Beta Program terms and conditions.
9. How do I send feedback to Samsung?
User feedback is submitted through the Samsung Members or Galaxy Wearable app on your device:
- To provide feedback or to report bugs or errors in the Beta software, select "Contact us > Error reports" in the Galaxy Wearable app.
Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.
- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community > Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.
10. I needed to reset my device. Can I reinstall the Beta software?
Yes. You can update the software to the latest official version or reset it in a Service Center. As long as you are enrolled in the One UI Watch Beta Program, you can re-install the beta software by running a software update on the device. To run the update, on your device, select "Settings > Software update > Download and install".
Note: This option is only available if you have not opted out or canceled your participation in the One UI Watch Beta Program.
11. How do I withdraw from the Beta program?
1. To withdraw from the Beta program, you must apply for withdrawal through Samsung Members application on your device.
(Select the "Beta Withdraw" button in the Beta recruitment notice. It can take a maximum of 2 business days).
2. Please note, you will not be able to sign up again after you withdraw from Beta, so please make a careful decision.
3. After withdrawing from the Beta, please visit the nearest Service Center to reinstall the latest official software of the previous OS version.
(If you have signed up for the Beta program, but have not installed the Beta version software, you can continue to use the current official version after withdrawing through Samsung Members app.)
You can also call us at 1-800-726-7864 to find the nearest Service Center.
Note: If you backed up your device data, you can restore the data after the rollback process by using the restore function of Galaxy Wearable app.
12. When will the official release version be available?
It is not possible to provide a specific date for publishing the release version. The release version will be provided as soon as Beta feedback is analyzed and improvements are implemented. Until then, you can continue to use the Beta software version and update your device to the official release version once it is made available.
13. I have more questions about the One UI Watch Beta Program. Where can I ask them?
- Please post your question in Beta Community.