Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fast charging workaround

(Topic created: 08-12-2022 04:07 PM)
Matrixzone5
Asteroid
Options
Tips
Unfortunately this is only for people who own a PD certified charger. If your fast charging isn't working, disable fast charging and only leave super fast charging enabled.
8 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Tips
I don't have an issue with fast charging or super fast charging, only the wording has bugs
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Tips
Lol, as I said multiple times, this is NOT a actual issue, it's still super fast charging even it just says "charging" this is just a wording issue and it's still charging super fast, Google had the same issue with their first 2 betas of Android 13, there's no workaround or anything, it's a wording issue and you can't fix that, we have to wait for Samsung to push out a update that will hopefully fix it
Matrixzone5
Asteroid
Options
Tips
It is definitely an issue because it literally take sa full half hour longer to charge my device I've literally timed it, I would not make this post if i was not having an legitimate issue, just because you arent having it doesn't mean I am not.
Options
Tips
You might be right, mine went from 37% to 50% in a mater of a few minutes. I think is working as intended just missing the words.
0 Likes
TheNewsHQ
Comet
Options
Tips
Indeed, I've tested it multiple times before I made the decision that it's a wording issue
DigitalHD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
It's fast charging...it's just a bug in the notification. I reported the bug, I'm sure plenty of people have too. If you actually click the charging notification, it'll take you to the battery section of the Device Care app and it'll display the correct charge your phone is getting. Screenshot_20220815_000156_Device care_1000000138_1660536116.jpgScreenshot_20220815_000140_Nova7_1000000137_1660536100.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your Feedback.

We have received multiple reports of this.  Currently, it seems like a wording issue, but if you continue to experience any lag, please send us an error report using the Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Tips
I've had the lock screen initially show super fast or charging charging then only show charging after that or the notification pill will sometimes show super or fast charging. The fast and super fast charging may drop to standard charging on certain conditions, like if the phone gets too hot. The charging speed will slow as the battery fills up. I don't know the specifics from the article read once but it was some think like 0 - 35% the battery can charge at 45w or 25w (if supported of course) then it drops to 15w, then 10w and finally 5w. The last 15% of the battery charging is the slowest and can get the hottest. That's why they added the stop charging battery protect @ 85%. In reality the battery very quickly drops from 100 % to 85%. The battery discharges disproportionately faster in that top 15% than the 85% to 0% which discharges at a consistent rate. To prolong battery life they recommend not letting your charge drop below 30% or charge above 85%. Those bottom and top ranges in the charge cycle are the hardest on the battery.

Be mindful that charging from 0 to 85% on a S22 Ultra using the samsung 45w PD charger takes just under 1 hour, but that additional 15% to reach 100% takes an additional 23 minutes (times are not exactly accurate so no whining LOL) Also if you have the stop charging at 85% battery protecting active, the charge times will differ.
0 Likes