Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Navigation Gesture Issue Fix

(Topic created: 08-16-2023 10:40 AM)
axguo2k
Halo
Options
Tips
For those who have been experiencing issues while using navigation gestures (ie. "clear all" button disappears, frozen on multitasking page, bottom left/right swipe app switching not working, etc), make sure you uninstall Home Up in Good Lock and restart your phone.

I was using Home Up to change the task switcher style prior to installing the beta, and that seemed to have been the cause of all the choppiness and lag in navigation gestures after the beta update. After uninstalling and restarting, everything is smooth and functional again.

Note: this does NOT fix bugs such as the swipe up home gesture not bringing you back to your main home screen page, swipe up gesture not working on non-main home pages, and the swipe up gesture triggering in-app buttons in apps such as the gallery. Those are all bugs that still need to be fixed in future beta updates. 

6 Replies
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Tips
Unfortunately Home Up is disabled on mine since installing the beta. I'd really like to use it to change my recent app layout and to fix the app try scroll stopping at the last page.
0 Likes
axguo2k
Halo
Options
Tips
Yes, it is supposed to be disabled. Good Lock isn't meant to be compatible with the beta. You're supposed to unintstall all disabled modules.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Plixaide
Asteroid
Options
Tips
I uninstalled all of good lock and it solved the horrible choppiness I was experiencing when switching apps. It's still kinda slow but the proportions are actually correct now and it's smooth. No weird resizing and whatever else was happening there. So, thank you!!
Hayley-G
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
I've been experiencing issues with the back navigation closing the application instead of navigation to the previous page.
0 Likes
SupremeWatts
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
I restarted phone and switched it immediately to buttons instead of gestures. Have not seen issue since
0 Likes