Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Update Tip: Clearing Cache partition

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 07:55 AM)
Options
Tips
There's a way of ensuring you have a better experience with your device, especially after updates.  Clearing the cache partition helps prevent some bugs and glitches.  This is done from the bootloader at phone startup.  

Here's a link with instructions: https://youtu.be/cwoJu0L8k38

Turn your Android device off. Simultaneously
press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons,
or whatever button combination you need to use
for your phone to boot into Recovery Mode. Use
the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode
menu. Use the power button to select Wipe Cache
Partition.

Hope this helps.. Happy beta testing. 

15 Replies
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Tips
This helps. Not only you should always do this after a software update, but make it a habit of doing it at least once a month to keep your device optimized.
Options
Tips
Thanks for the feedback! Happy testing. 😎
cstucker07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
That's such an old screenshot! There is also a repair apps option that helps if you are experiencing crashes or lag. So I always wipe the cache partition, then when it's finished instead of selecting restart, select repair apps. It will optimize all the apps and will auto restart when it's finished
Options
Tips
It's cool... The photo is to give an idea of what the menu looks like. Feel free to create a post with an updated photo or add one here. Thanks
0 Likes
cstucker07
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
Sure...here's what the menu looks like with the repair apps option Screenshot_20220828_134311_Google_1000000582_1661712191.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Tips
Cool, thanks for sharing. Happy testing
0 Likes
Rune
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tips
This is exactly what I was just about to post. Phone was weirdly stuttery after the update. Wiped cache partition and I think everything is much better now. One thing I wanted to add is that you need to give it time after to settle and start building up that cache again. Right after there's probably like a day worth of ultra short (<2 second) stutters the first time you power on and use things. However, almost every stutter goes away with 24 hours of doing this. I can also confirm (because I tried) that I DOES NOT get better on its own without this I ran for well over 24 hours without doing this to scratch a curiosity of mine. Can confirm, it does help to wipe the cache. It does not help to "wait it out" and not wipe. Thanks for putting this together @ucancwhatic!
Options
Tips
No problem Motivator.. thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.. Happy testing
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Tips

Hello,
Thank you for suggesting the solution. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team