Original topic:

After android 12 update camera not working S20

(Topic created: 08-01-2022 10:51 AM)
BKE77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Since the update neither camera works on my s20 5g. I downloaded another camera app and if I quickly change to video, then change which camera to take video, then change back to photo, all before camera crashes, then I can use downloaded camera app, but Samsung factory camera app crashes. I open it and I get the green notification in the corner that says i can't use camera because camera is already being used by camera. Then it crashes. Used diagnostics in Samsung members. I was asked to snap a photo with rear camera. black screen, took photo of black screen then sat there for 10mins hoping that diagnostics was repairing it, until I clicked the screen again and had to select skip diagnosing camera....

I've done a soft reset. I've ran a few full scans for malware, spyware and viruses. nothing found. device is running fine other than not having a camera.
any ideas before I factory reset?

7 Replies
Aean
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Try clearing the app data, go into setting apps, camera, and then storage, hope it helps
0 Likes
Wellitis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm having the same issue, I've tried everything. It was working fine until I updated yesterday.
0 Likes
BKE77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Yep. Same
Wellitis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
It is absolutely amazing that Samsung is not fixing this and taking ownership for it. At bare minimum they should just let us roll back to the old version.
0 Likes
Wellitis
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I cannot believe that Samsung has not patched this update yet. This is unacceptable. My camera was 100% working fine right before the update. Immediately after the update I started getting the camera failed message. This is not a hardware issue. It is a software issue. What's even more interesting is, that I can go in and snap one picture that actually saves to the gallery before getting the camera failed error right after I go through and clear app data and the cache.
0 Likes
BKE77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here.
0 Likes
Sherrillface
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
mine will only take a front facing selfie if I use 3rd party app such as snapchat or camera but no rear and not in stock Camera
0 Likes