Original topic:

having to download individual messages to group text

(Topic created: 05-17-2022 03:19 PM)
Mammacita
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just recently, my group texts started coming into the individual's text file as a message needing to be downloaded.  After I download it, it moves the downloaded message back into the group text.  So annoying.  So, if I am in a group text with 5 people, then when they respond, the message goes to each of their own text messages.  I have to download the message whether it is a word or a picture, then it downloads into the group message and I get another notification of that.  

I went to Verizon, they had never seen this, and finally put in a new SIM card.  It worked while I was in the store, then went back to doing the same thing within the same day.  I have restarted the phone, etc, to no avail.

5 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Which messaging app are you using, please, Samsung or Google?
0 Likes
Mammacita
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
This problem was happening on samsung messages. After posting, i tried emptying the cache and that didn't help either! After 3 months, I have switched back to Verizon messages+ which does not have the problem!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
I've never had to download a text message in Samsung Messages app. Very odd. Are they photos, not text?
0 Likes
Mammacita
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi Dan,  It is ALL texts, including photos, links, etc.

0 Likes
Sylvira
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks
0 Likes