JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to change Messages app notification sound?

(Topic created: 03-02-2022 11:03 PM)
userSJaWE3eDdt
Asteroid
Options
Note20
How do I change the Messages app notification sound on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userSJaWE3eDdt
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The way I was able to change the sound for incoming Messages notifications was first of all go to SETTINGS - NOTIFICATIONS-MESSAGES (CLICK "MORE" If you don't see the Messages app to expand the list) CLICK MESSAGES- NOTIFICATION CATEGORIES-GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS (TURN IT ON BY SELECTING THE SLIDE SWITCH TO TURN IT BLUE IF IT'S NOT ALREADY ON) CLICK ON THE WORDS "GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS" (THIS WILL EXPAND ANOTHER MENU WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW IT HAD) SOUND to select the sound that you want to choose, mine gave an option to choose from SEC SOUND PICKER OR ZEDGE-if installed. Choose the sound you want and that should do it! Good luck!! There is an absolutely no reason that it should be that difficult to change your Messages notification sound, Samsung needs to make that easier! I was just lucky to figure it out by trial and error. If anyone else knows an easier method please let us know!

View solution in context

7 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
Don't know which notification sound you are referring to... Try tapping and holding finger over messages app icon and then tap on "!" mark on the pop up. Then go to notifications and see which options you like.

0 Likes
userSJaWE3eDdt
Asteroid
Options
Note20
It was the Messages app notification sound I was inquiring about. I finally figured it out through trial and error.
0 Likes
nascrfrk88
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
How did you do it
0 Likes
nascrfrk88
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
How?
0 Likes
user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
Is the a way to contact whoever make the app, so they can add a feature to change the notification for the entire app not just individual conversations/contact?
0 Likes
user_SS_KZ
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
0 Likes
Solution
userSJaWE3eDdt
Asteroid
Options
Note20
The way I was able to change the sound for incoming Messages notifications was first of all go to SETTINGS - NOTIFICATIONS-MESSAGES (CLICK "MORE" If you don't see the Messages app to expand the list) CLICK MESSAGES- NOTIFICATION CATEGORIES-GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS (TURN IT ON BY SELECTING THE SLIDE SWITCH TO TURN IT BLUE IF IT'S NOT ALREADY ON) CLICK ON THE WORDS "GENERAL NOTIFICATIONS" (THIS WILL EXPAND ANOTHER MENU WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW IT HAD) SOUND to select the sound that you want to choose, mine gave an option to choose from SEC SOUND PICKER OR ZEDGE-if installed. Choose the sound you want and that should do it! Good luck!! There is an absolutely no reason that it should be that difficult to change your Messages notification sound, Samsung needs to make that easier! I was just lucky to figure it out by trial and error. If anyone else knows an easier method please let us know!