Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Bugs in app vs one ui 4 beta bugs

(Topic created: 10-13-2021 02:05 AM)
anonym0us
Star
Options
Questions
When using one ui 4 beta how can we tell if a bug we see is because of an app or if it's because of the one ui 4 beta because if it's because of an app I don't know how samsung could fix it and if it's because of one ui 4 beta I'd work on submitting an error report with logs because I know that samsung can fix it 
3 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
It depends ... obviously, if you see a "app crashed" pop up, it's the app.

Otherwise, if an app acts up and say. disappears, go to the app status and scroll to the app in question - you might see "app crashed" there.

Other than that, it may be difficult to know for the average user.

I always check the logs (software engineer here, with 30+ years experience)

However just because we see an app crashed pop-up dialogue doesn't necessarily mean it was the app's fault šŸ‘:beer_mug: so submit the issue anyway

EDIT:
Hilarious, I typed this up then posted it ... next I went back selected Edit to add something and in the middle of the edit the phone froze then rebooted šŸ˜€
MrG21
Galaxy
Options
Questions
Bugs aren't for you to figure out what's causing them unless you're a programmer, it's for you to find and submit an error report to samsung so they can figure out what's causing the bug if it's app related or software related šŸ¤”
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello @anonym0us ,

We recommend submitting any error reports that happen with in Samsung app or related to Samsung app. For ex. if Facebook crashes, there is not much Samsung can do but if Keyboard crashes when using Facebook Messenger, sure we can look in to the issue. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team