Did you mean: 

Original topic:

For The Beta Users?

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 11:02 AM)
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Questions
Have anyone of you all gotten a reply from the dev team after sending out an error report that they didn't receive the data logs,  though you had the box checked that would include sending them? 
8 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
I'm at 50%. I even had one instance where the Members app gave me an error message saying a log couldn't be sent.
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Questions
I'm wondering now that perhaps with this latest Community app update was to fix that issue. The last two times I sent error reports, I mentioned that I had responses where I did not send the logs.

So, I took screenshots of my reports showing that the "send data logs" box is checked and mentioned each time that I was told I did not send the log files
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Questions
Read the post "Error Reports" about 5 posts beneath this one in the Questions section. it gives an answer/explanation.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Questions
Thnx, it confirms it happens. So waiting for it to offer access to the logs takes time, but no where does it state that or request the user to wait, so many just move on after reporting.

This may be why Samsung has delayed the beta 2 by at least a week as reported in the regular community section.

I'm still thinking though that the latest SC app update for the beta users fixed that. I guess I'll find out if I find an occurrence that needs feedback.
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Questions
I sent a couple of error reports yesterday. One of them wasn't able to send the logs it just said it couldn't send them... but I haven't got a reply from devs..
0 Likes
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Questions
So there's a new prompt when sending error reports in Android 13 due to a permissions change that Google made to android 13 that locks device logs behind a permissions dialog every time an app requests access.

After a few minutes after you click submit a permissions dialog will pop up and ask if you want to give one time access to device logs. Leave members open and your screen on and it will pop up after a few minutes, then you tap allow and it should work.
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Questions
So there's a new prompt when sending error reports in Android 13 due to a permissions change that Google made to android 13 that locks device logs behind a permissions dialog every time an app requests access.

After a few minutes after you click submit a permissions dialog will pop up and ask if you want to give one time access to device logs. Leave members open and your screen on and it will pop up after a few minutes, then you tap allow and it should work.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the suggestion by @Betamonke .  If you are still unable to submit an error report, please let us know.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team