Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

1UI 4 UPDATE

(Topic created: 12-05-2021 04:55 AM)
Cyndee137
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have a galaxy s20 note ultra. Why can't I find the beta testing?
0 Likes
11 Replies
TheDarkMagician
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same here
0 Likes
KnainasKhama
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
If you're in the US, the beta isn't coming to Note20 Ultra 5G until January.
0 Likes
Cyndee137
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

All these articles are saying now

0 Likes
KnainasKhama
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
That's only for the UK. Not the US.
0 Likes
sean8102
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
January is Samsung estimated release for the final release build of the android 12 update for the note 20, not the beta which is already happening including in the US but only if you signed up and only specific carrier users were allowed in. Or you can flash the beta ROM your self like I did.
0 Likes
sean8102
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
If you are willing to wipe your phone it's VERY easy to flash the android 12 beta on your note 20 ultra. I did and I'm about to flash beta 3. You REALLY need to have a microSD card to do it (it's much harder if you don't) also having a microSD card means you can create a full backup to it using Samsung smart switch which makes restoring everything (apps, settings etc) after flashing the beta very quick. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ota-and-non-ota-firmware-for-n986u-and-n986u1.4143833/post-840499...
You will have to flash the final release the same way when it comes out which means wiping your phone one last time. Since I'm not "officially" in the beta program according to Samsung I don't get OTA updates (that's why I have to manually flash from beta 2 to beta 3, when I check for updates it says there is no newer build). Anyways just read the directions carefully and it's super easy. Also you have to start with the Firmware mentioned in the post (N986U1UES2DUJ7) then flash beta 1 first then beta 2 then beta 3.

U1 means you will be running the unlocked US firmware which I prefer because it means no carrier bloatware. And once the final android 12 update is released for the note 20 ultra and you flash it you get your updates directly from Samsung not your carrier and Samsung is quicker at putting out updates when they don't have to go through your carrier.

Anyways if you aren't completely comfortable with this don't do it. Just wait the 1 to 2 months tops for the final update to get pushed to your phone. To be honest you really aren't missing a whole lot.Screenshot_20211205-080433_Settings.png
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
This is NOT the recommended way of installing / using a beta.

Only install the official beta
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
The sign up banner is only shown when available and you carrier allows the beta
0 Likes
Cyndee137
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions