Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A few bugs I found on One UI 5 beta

(Topic created: 08-08-2022 10:04 AM)
userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I currently have the One UI 5 beta on my S22 Ultra 1TB unlocked on Verizon network and I'm seeing a few bugs.

On first boot after installing, One UI home keeps crashing. It will have a black screen and none of the home gestures will work. My solution was to go into settings > Apps > One UI > Storage and cleared data

In the notification drop-down, either it's quick settings or a notification, some times I will have to click on the icon twice. For example, wifi on/off toggling I will press it and it wouldn't register and closes the notification drop-down. I'll have to drag the notification drop-down again and press the wifi on/off again to register. It will happen on notifications as well.

On lock screen, the notification icons will flicker . 
9 Replies
Betamonke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Make sure when you see these bugs, to do an error report via Samsung members. It's important that they get the system logs. You can even attach screenshots and screen recordings.
Chris6278
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
When you installed the beta did you wipe cache partition? If not i highly suggest it. Have zero issues
userdMCjziXAWJ
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Ah yes I haven't done that yet. I'll try it and see how it goes. Thanks!
0 Likes
Matty77
Halo
Options
Discussions
How do you wipe the cache partition?
0 Likes
OddyNuf
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
See reply below.
0 Likes
egor0128
Comet
Options
Discussions
Again how do you wipe the cach partition
0 Likes
OddyNuf
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Turn off your phone and then when turning it back on, hold the power and volume up buttons until the boot up screen comes on. After that you should be in recovery. You will see a menu which you will use the volume keys to move up and down and power to select. Go to wipe cache option and execute command. Then choose reboot phone to start up like normal.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Semo89
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Air command for me crashes every time I try to use it. Please find a way to fix it. I understand that it's a beta but it looks like not everyone is having this problem
0 Likes