Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Android 12 beta testing!

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 10:19 PM)
leciev
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Random thought.. I think it kind of sucks from what I read that Samsung is only allowing beta testing in the USA of Android 12 on the Note 20/ Ultra for people with unlocked phones only. I have a Note 20 Ultra locked to T-Mobile and I'd LOVE to beta test Android 12!ā˜¹ļø
0 Likes
14 Replies
SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
A few other countries, China and South Korea included
0 Likes
codeblue309
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Apps like Outlook and Best Buy keep crashing. Don't touch this beta if this is your primary device.
SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Be sure to report those crashes so the Beta can be revised and finished sooner rather than later
codeblue309
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I submit app crash reports when they let me. I see so many such reports in play store reviews as well.
TeeBurron
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
SINFUL_ASSASSIN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
What bothers me is the 120hz bug ppl are talking about. My Fold 2 only let's you run 60hz on the outter screen, but this "bug" proves the phone is software limited, both screens should be able to run 120hz no problem right? What do u think? (One more reason to root my device)
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
That's not what the 120hz bug is. And yes, your outside screen can only do 60hz and it's not a software limitation. It's a physical limitation.
0 Likes
Devortex
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I always understood it as a carrier enforced limit. AT&T never participates, and I assume it's so they don't get customers who don't understand beta complaining and leaving their network due to bugs.

I do think it should be more up to the users though, this is just where we are.

I bought my note as an AT&T device, but have been running the unlocked firmware as long as I can remember. I still can't get in the beta and I'm not sure why. The process seems too finicky. Let me go to a link to register my device, tell me all the bad stuff and make me agree to some legal **bleep**, and just let me in. It's currently like some ultra secret society.

But the carrier thing makes a little sense since the US carriers have their own builds with their bloat. But unlocked is unlocked!
leciev
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Makes sense.. still sucks! From what I've read Samsung is running the beta tests on the T-Mobile version of the Note 20/ Ultra, hence why I mentioned T-Mobile so it sucks.