Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

App drawer needs to be fixed

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 11:46 PM)
Options
Discussions
For years Samsung Hasn't fix a simple problem with their App drawer when you install apps it doesn't fill up the 1st page of the app drawer but instead some apps appear on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th page of app drawer like for example if Install a game today and install another one tomorrow both apps will not appear on the same page but instead the other will jump to another page of the app drawer
7 Replies
DrFed
Comet
Options
Discussions
Option to sort apps in app drawer as either alphabetical or custom. Are you recommending an additional option: chronological based on install date?
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
What they mean, and I've experienced this too, is new apps showing up on the very last page of the app drawer instead of a closer page that clearly has room for it
0 Likes
pbaker76
Halo
Options
Discussions
I prefer my apps to be listed in alphabetical order with folders first.
Solution is open app drawer, click 3 dots on top right, click sort then select alphabetical.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
There's a reason for that underlying algorithm.

So you've calculated how you want the app icons to be organized on the Home and subsequent screens (mine are organized by "most used").

So, new app icons are added to the last screen (which may have been newly created), so that YOU have the freedom to move that app icon wherever you want.

I'd rather it not randomly decide to add it to the Home screen, where I've carefully decided where all the (current) icons live
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
It used to be this way at one point. It's just confusing when I install an app and forget, hey my phone moved it to the very last page in my drawer šŸ˜­
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Understood.

For me, immediately after I install an app, I navigate to last screen and move it where I wish ... a sort of automatic sequence for me šŸ™‚
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Cheesydieper ,

Are you sorting your apps in any order ?

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes