Options
Discussions

After new update on watch 5 pro. Battery seems drain faster

9 Replies
jcnote
Halo
Options
Discussions

Same on my Watch 4. My workouts are eating up battery like never before and I lost 58% just sleeping overnight (and it didn't even track any sleep while using all that battery). I've already cleared cache too and it didn't help. 

Bill76
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I'm having a super fast battery drain too. Galaxy watch 4

Options
Discussions

Check to see if your watch GPS is activated. That can certainly chew through you battery quite quickly. 

0 Likes
Aean
Halo
Options
Discussions

My watch 4 classic doesn't even last 12 hours after the last update, no workout being used just regular wear.

906Vin
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I really wish I had read these comments before installing the new Beta.

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

I initially had real concerns about how fast I was using battery on my GW4. I posted about it, and I took steps to limit battery use by turning off location and deactivating about 4 Android apps including the Play Store as well as unnecessary animations, always on display, and the use of watch faces that use a lot of battery (OLED displays use battery power in proportion to the amount of pixels that are lit up).  After installing the 1st two betas I was getting ~1.5 days on my GW4. By the time I had installed the 4th beta I was getting 2 days 20 hours out of it with no additional changes. The watch was learning my use habits!  BTW, the 5th beta did not affect my battery use rate. 

I was pleasingly surprised, and fairly happy, though I wish we could toggle off background app activity, particularly for apps we do not use or will not use. 

I would encourage you and others to give the beta another try. You might have to reset your watch or clear the cache on your Wear, Health Monitor, and Samsung Health apps, but it will be worth the work. 

0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Restart your watch and give it a day or so to do its magic. My Watch 5 Pro LTE battery last much long now compared to the very first beta firmware.

0 Likes
jcnote
Halo
Options
Discussions

I've already done that and I've cleared cache too. Battery life remains horrible and way worse than any previous version of firmware. 

0 Likes
durbandi
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Hi Tony, I am looking for the battery backup info of the Samsung watch 5 pro LTE variant when the GPS is continuously on. And also when the LTE is always On. Could you help with this info,  thanks in advance.

0 Likes