Discussions
From the time I charged my phone to 100 now I'm down to 17%

10 Replies
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Clear your cache and repair apps.

1. Turn off your phone (power down, not restart)

2. Hold Volume Up + Power Button until the logo shows up

3. Release the Power Button shortly after the logo appears

4. Continue holding Volume UP (don't release) until the recovery mode shows up, and you'll see clear cache partition and repair apps in the list. Use the volume up/down to move and the power button to select the option.
Carljohnson52
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I do that as soon as I update my phone
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Personally? I do a lot more than that, and that's only because Samsungs Smart Switch backup and restore is pretty good at this point. That's why I personally make a new backup and then immediately factory reset the phone and afterwards I just use Smart Switch to restore everything and I'm not saying it's perfect because it's not and you still have to set quite a bit of stuff back the way it was beforehand but doing this has made it so I rarely have a problem and I don't have any apps that are clashing with each other in the background where you can't see it. I've watched the live logcat view, and it flies by the window so fast that it's absolutely impossible to read anything unless you stop it and go through it slowly! The last time I was having really bad trouble I decided to run the logcat and then view it on my computer and I only ran it for about 30 seconds and when I went to go open the saved log it was over 35MB in size that's how much was going on in the background that people never see! They have no idea that in the background, apps that are clashing with each other are opening and closing again over and over and over again, causing severe battery loss and other problems like the phone being slow! I avoid all of these (well, most of it) by doing it the way I do.
0 Likes
Carljohnson52
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Nothing you said has anything to do with my battery life
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Can you explain how what I said has nothing to do with battery life? You must know how to make your battery life last better than I do then, right? From a 100% charge I used 13 hours screen on time I also still had 12h 25m remaining that's over 25 hours screen on time and since (according to you) nothing I said has anything to do with battery life you must know how to set up your phone for great battery life way better than me and I'd really like to know the answer to it or do you not have an answer?Screenshot_20230918_202539_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20230918_202529_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Carljohnson52
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Nope not going to entertain you, maybe it works for you but it's not for me I've done everything you are talking about before I made the post. Have a good day
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah, I didn't think you were going to entertain me. You don't have the answer anyway, that's why! That's usually what people say who don't have an answer, nOt gOiNg tO eNtErTaIn YoU.. Haha.
0 Likes
youu
Comet
Options
Discussions
I lost about as much as you, hopefully beta 4 fixes this, I have reported this to samsung
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the suggestions listed here to improve battery life: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/

Users have reported clearing device cache and rebooting the device helps. If the issue still persists, please use the Samsung Members app to submit an error report.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes