Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Beta 4 TMobile, horrible battery

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 01:31 PM)
Spore64
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Battery life drain more than double before. Usually leave work at about 70%, 2 hours to go and am at 44%
24 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Might do this, if you haven't already

Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.

... check again...
Jmcrepair33
Constellation
Options
Discussions
That would work back in the day when you can wipe battery stats ect
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Works today too.

Those of us on the beta program do that procedure as a matter of habit, to help alleviate various issues, including reduced battery life.
Jmcrepair33
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Yes same here. Omg when u leave work i still have 70 percent. After update i right now at 430pm have 39 percent. This is horrible
Spore64
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Fixing to leave and down to 33%... First time used since last post
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
Reads like rogue background processes. I've been off the charger for 3 hours, half of that has been scrolling through news. Currently sitting at 88%
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Discussions
Anyone know what permission usage is and why it's using so much battery? That's 2 days in a row now. Screenshot_20211104-154045_Device care.jpg
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
It's a System app ..
KH445
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've noticed with my device the battery drain gradually goes away over time. Give it a couple days to settle in.
0 Likes