Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta 6 security update October severely lagging phone

(Topic created: 10-23-2023 10:24 AM)
BigHarlee0928
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
My s22 ultra is severely lagging and I constantly have to restart it. I'm a heavy user and do a lot of multi tasking, apps start to freeze when switching between them. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix? 
10 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Kindly try these steps. With the phone off, press and hold Power and Volume up buttons until the Samsung logo disappears. Using volume keys, highlight Wipe cache partition, and then power to select and confirm on the following screen. Returning to the original menu, use volume to navigate to Repair apps, and then power again to select. This will reindex all your apps.

If this doesn't work, and the beta is starting to negatively impact aspects of your daily life/routine, you always have the option to unenroll from the program within the Samsung Members app, and then revert back to the stable OS by installing SmartSwitch on a computer and connecting your phone.
BigHarlee0928
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thank you. Completing this process now.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Discussions
Did this end up improving the lagging for you at all?
0 Likes
BigHarlee0928
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I was able to get to the menu via the power button  and volume up key to clear the cache.. I also uninstalled a few apps and disabled a few that were not needed as I did not use those applications. 

Phone has been working fine since following those steps and it actually seems to be running a bit faster than before

Sofly8701
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
What's the best way to clear any potential threat
VerbumVeritum
Options
Discussions
Kindly create a new thread about this and include as much detail as possible.
0 Likes
Sofly8701
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
There were a few viruses found in the back ground on my phone. Which could of contributed to lagging. But alot of my apps say there stopping
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
simply check all the apps that you personally have installed as it seems there is something in conflict with the beta and a certain apps as I have been on since beta 1 with my Samsung s22 and I have zero issues, some people that had issues I figured out that installing certain apps they have gave me a duplicate issues that they were having, it wasn't apps I particularly used so I wasn't worried about it and as soon as I deleted them everything was back to normal but like I'm stating that guaranteed it's not the beta that's giving you issues there's an app you have installed that is conflicting with the beta and overusing resources from your phone to make it lag
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
and FYI just to try but when you either restart your phone or power it off and start it back up hold the volume up button as well as the power button together until you see the Samsung logo then you could release it will bring you into what they call recovery mode and then you simply run down the list until you see the wipe cache option do that and then reboot and see if that fixes things as that is always something I do with every software update therefore there is nothing in the system memory or files in a system cache that clash with each other
0 Likes