Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Button Mapping Bixby

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 03:42 PM)
Options
Discussions
Did Beta 4 just remove the feature with Bixby Routines to map hard key and soft keys?
Adding a routine the option for buttons is no longer there. I'm not just talking about the side key. I'm talking about volume up/down and soft keys back, home and app changer.
The ability to map these buttons was incredibly useful. For instance, you could map long press or double tap of any button.
Example long press back button for a list of commands opening apps or toggling features etc. Bring it back Samsung!
0 Likes
5 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Still there for me (although I still can't toggle flashlight with it, mumble grumble)
Button mapping is tied to the routines+ Goodlock module, so make sure that's still installed, clear the cache on it, etc.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Thank you for responding. Routines+ is installed. Cleared the cache...but no button mapping in the routines. The routines I had already enabled say they are deleted when I found them in history. When adding a button routine it was at the bottom for the IF setting.
Not there any longer. Screenshot_20221008_163723_Routines +_1000000704_1665265043.jpgScreenshot_20221008_163746_Modes and Routines_1000000705_1665265066.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I rebooted the phone and the buttons option is back!
Thanks again for your help.
Here's a useful routine if you don't already use it.
Map the soft home key (or key of your choice) and long press or double tap. Map to open Google Assistant and then set the media volume to the desired level. I set it to 40 for speaker and Bluetooth. Now each time you use the mapped key to access the Assistant you won't be blasted with the media volume being too high if say listening to music or watching a video previously or too low if you previously had the volume down low. Each time you access the mapped button to open GA it will be at the media volume level you set! It's great. So much more that you can do with Routines. People who say it is not useful just have not used it, don't understand or still associate with Bixby Voice.
Options
Discussions
Also the ability to add a list of multiple commands/actions to a button is great for quick access. Screenshot_20221008_174134_Nova Launcher_1000000706_1665268894.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team