Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't use nav gestures while in full screen game

(Topic created: 08-21-2023 11:24 PM)
Sumasage
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Nav gestures doesn't work in full screen game unless I swiped down from top screen to activate notification bar first . I recorded a video of this. Not sure if it is a bug in beta or a feature.

Hopefully this is a bug and will get iron out. It would be very annoying if it is a feature. 

Thanks

Edit: this was fixed in beta 2 release
0 Likes
9 Replies
True2life
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Sometimes my gestures are slow to respond as well. Or it's hard to get out of the app drawer.
0 Likes
Shojannah
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
(Posted this on your shorts comments as well)

Right so, in the beta release there are some settings that were set back to default from how you had them prior to the update, you're experiencing one of these, it's in the game booster's "block during game" settings. You very likely have 'block navigation gestures' toggled on.

Just type "block during game" in your phone's settings search bar and touch the option that shows up, it should take you to the appropriate toggles.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Sumasage
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
All options in the block during game were off. I tried to turn them on the off again. I played with various option in the game booster app but no luck.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
You flick from the bottom to expose the nav bar. From there all navigation should work. It's to reduce accidental navigation gestures while gaming.
0 Likes
Sumasage
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
The nav bar setting for me is swipe gestures so it does not show the nav bar.

I tried to use the button nav bar, which hide during full screen app/games, it worked just fine.
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
It does have a nav bar. It's the long bar at the bottom. If you don't see it then gestures are locked out until shown. You can hide it but the action is still the same. Just a quick swipe from the bottom to unhide gestures when in full screen. It to stop accidentally navigation.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the suggestions from @Shojannah and @Tidbitty .  If the issues persist, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
Block during game options are not it.

When I have a game running,
-cannot visit Recents nor does back button work
-swiping up for home works
Swipe down for status bar, then I can go to Recents or back. Screenshot_20230822_093654_Game Booster.jpg
0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
If you are using gestures swipe up from the bottom once. It'll allow all gestures. It's setup this way to stop accidental back or other gestures.
0 Likes