Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 6 Touch Screen problems on S23 Ultra

(Topic created: 11-30-2023 03:01 PM)
avn128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This only started happening yesterday after phone turned off. Randomly, the touchscreen will appear to not work anymore.

I pretty much lifted this desciption below from a s21 user from 2 years ago.
- Edit 
Found a s22 user that had the same problem when updating to One UI 6. 

Edit 2
- Dec 9th at 1AM Est. I was able to go into "phone link" and click the download button and an update showed up. This update is a tease and will probably fix the problem. However, the problem is I'm unable to click update button because it's on the main screen. And doesn't show up in the settings area where update software is. However it looks like the phone will force the update on Dec 12th as mentioned on the screen. 

Except:

1. The notification bar, it can still be dragged down, and touch works normally across the entire screen as long as the notifications is dragged down. For example, I can go into "settings" (top right) from here, and the touch will still be perfectly functional.

2. The navigation buttons at the bottom will always work.

1. I can go into the "recent apps" screen, but nothing else on the screen can be "touched"/dragged, except for the navigation buttons and notifications at the top. I can't tap on a recent app to switch into it, nor drag to see apps further back.

2. Similarly I can tap the "home" button and it works, but the whole home screen is non-responsive. Dynamic elements (e.g. weather, clock) continue to update.

3. The lock/unlock screen is also always fully functional. All parts of it, including fingerprint sensor.

4. The power menu (holding down the power button) is also fully functional.

Additional Context I found on my own.

1. I am able to use Microsoft "Phone link" to access all my apps on my phone except anything secure such as Authenticator or Secure Folder.

2. When I attempt to mirror the phone on the computer, its pretty much the same in terms of input directly on the phone, mainly not working.

3. When i plug in a USB mouse into the phone its pretty much the same as direct input, the only difference is that there is a mouse pointer that moves all over the screen. I can't click on anything except notification and navigation buttons.

4. I do use Microsoft Launcher and was able to switch back to Home UI and noticed that when i clicked on recent apps the launcher would crash. During one crash i was once able to use the touch screen for 1 second.

It almost seems as if there is some kind of invisible app that is Drawn on top of every open app and doesn't allow any touch input in any app, while using the phone directly. All I could find of anything related was this problem people were having with the Phone app. Solved: Re: Phone app Crashing after One UI 6.0 update. - Page 7 - Samsung Community - 2728668

Edit
I think the "repair apps" in recovery mode should fix it but when I click it, it just turns on the phone. I even wipe the cache before hand. 

25 Replies
Akashmash
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

I have the same issue!! Please help, Samsung are being useless!

Fockar
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Also currently experiencing on the s23 ultra as of last night.
avn128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm sure it's as easy as factory resetting my phone. But how do I get my secure folder backed up now. Luckily I'm decently techy and can find many work around while not having my phone working directly. I have a Samsung,phone, table and a computer with Microsoft your link. I said the lucky part is I mainly use Google voice for my voice and text messaging. So I'm able to use those other devices to communicate with people as well instead of just my watch.

I'm sort of willing to wait to be able to get this backed up corrected. I was actually afraid because I posted this several days ago and nobody had commented on it.
0 Likes
Members_h5D19wJ
Constellation
Options
Discussions

same issue here since today!!!!!!

TayStaehle
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
My s23 ultra did this twice. I factory reset it twice. On the second time I checked my updates and the official one ui 6 update was available. I think it was bugging out cause the beta is over and since updating it it hasn't done it again. Maybe just see if the update is available and maybe that'll fix it.
avn128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yeah I've been checking everyday since I have the problem. No update available. I even install Samsung switch on my PC to see if there was any kind of update that way.
TayStaehle
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
It might have been the factory reset I did and then having to re-download and install like 10 updates to get caught back up. Maybe it could've been reinstalling all the updates that fixed it.
0 Likes
avn128
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
The only problem I'm having is I don't want to factory reset just yet. Because I need to find a way to back up my secure folder. I'm unable to do that right now because you need to access the touch screen on the phone itself. And you're unable to use Dex or Microsoft your phone to open secure folder.
0 Likes
userBrDmS1RdoY
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I'm curious is this only happening to everyone that was in the beta program or just updating in general will cause this. Because if I do a factory reset and back at square one its like what's the point
0 Likes