Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Charging stop 85-86% error in beta 4?

(Topic created: 07-26-2024 02:02 PM)
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions

I did immediately send an error report about it.

After updating to beta 4, my watch6 stopped charging once it charged to 86% then dropped to 85%. Even if it still showed that the watch was charging, it didn't go up to 100%. It's like battery protection feature but there is no such feature/setting on watch.

I had to disconnect my watch from my phone and charge it to 100%, and that seems to fix the issue. Hopefully this is a one-time issue.

0 Likes
19 Replies
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Mine was overheating and kept losing percentage connected to the charger. I had to power off the watch and run a fan directly on it for an hour before it would start charging. 

0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions

My watch after updating to beta 4 was a bit warmer than usual, but I waited until it cooled off before charging. Just to note that I updated my watch from beta2 to beta3 while it was on the charger and there was no problem.

Seems like something is not right with this beta 4.

0 Likes
NewbieCanoobie
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Mine seems fine so far. Charged from 34% up till now.

1000001542.jpg

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userZNnTdcqwZP,

Thank you for your participation in Beta4!

After update, your watch may experience "app optimalization" for initial start up (hence heating up/ battery drainage can occur during this time). However, we will evaluate this abnormal behavior further once your error report has been reached out to our development team.

We appreciate your contribution to Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I'm still having trouble charging today. I came home, did a workout, and then took off my watch and put it on the charger while I got cleaned up and had something to eat. I then went to see if my watch was done charging.

Instead of being charged,  I found that my watch had competely discharged while on the charger, shut down, and there was a yellow warning triangle on it when I tried to turn it on. 

I have not been able to get it to charge at all and I can't submit a bug since I can't turn it on. I'm going to wait an hour  and see if it will start charging after that.

This has never happened before the update yesterday and immediately happened after the update so it's probably not a coincidence. 

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Like yesterday,  I waited an hour and was then able to start charging it. It will only charge with the Watch powered off and after waiting a significant time line that.  With it on, it very rapidly discharges when connected to the charger.  I just submitted an error report as soon as I powered it back on but I don't know if any log data from the problem remains after shutdown like that. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote,

Thank you for your detailed description on the battery drainage issue (along with your error report). Your log shows that 20% of battery consumption occurred within the span of 1 hour (from 50-> 30, 9:13pm -> 10:05pm) and further evaluation is in progress (It seems that your battery was overheating while placed under charging station and lost power consumption). 

In the meantime, please check if Watch -> Charger connection is properly positioned in order for charger to provide enough power to the watch. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Yes, the watch is properly positioned on the charger and the problem continues to happen. I have to power down the watch to charge it. This has happened 100% of the time since the last update but never once before the update. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote,

Thanks for the confirmation. We will evaluate this issue in depth. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes