Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Charging stop 85-86% error in beta 4?

(Topic created: 07-29-2024 09:29 AM)
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions

I did immediately send an error report about it.

After updating to beta 4, my watch6 stopped charging once it charged to 86% then dropped to 85%. Even if it still showed that the watch was charging, it didn't go up to 100%. It's like battery protection feature but there is no such feature/setting on watch.

I had to disconnect my watch from my phone and charge it to 100%, and that seems to fix the issue. Hopefully this is a one-time issue.

0 Likes
19 Replies
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Just wanted to advise that I have continued to have this problem ever since the update. The watch always rapidly discharges when connected to the charger unless I power off the watch. I've tried multiple chargers and multiple charging pucks since I have previous watch chargers and it behaves the same with all. I don't mind having bugs during the beta but I'm sure the beta is coming to an end sometime soon so just wanted to make sure it gets fixed since it is extremely inconvenient.. Thanks.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote

Thank you for your feedback.

You're absolutely correct about the schedule. Your battery issue (and other users experiencing with identical or similar behavior) is being monitored by multiple teams as of now to prevent it from happening on the official version. We strive to deal these types of issues seriously, as it is considered a severity issue. 

As always, thank you for your contribution to Beta program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

This issue still exists in the 5th Beta release. I still need to turn my watch off to charge.  I believe my battery is being permanently damaged by the constant overheating anytime it charges. My battery life is getting worse and worse. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hi @jcnote,

We are sorry for the frustration with the "unsolved" battery issue. 

Have you tried clearing your cache from the safe mode? 

[Steps]

1. Hold down both buttons on watch until you see the watch resets and then shows the Samsung logo with "Rebooting...".
2. Click the Home & Back buttons twice repeatedly while screen is on "Samsung-Rebooting...". 
3. From the text menus, click the Home button (will scroll down) until you see "Recovery menu". 
4. Long press on the Home button until the menu changes to Recovery screen. 
5. Use the back button to scroll down to Wipe cache partition (Do not click Home Botton, as it will be "Select" option instead of scrolling down from step3)
6. Click the Home button to select Wipe cache partition
7. Use the back button to select yes > Click the Home button to activate it.

If this did not resolve the charging issue, we recommend resetting the device after your backup is saved to Samsung cloud (Phone Settings > About Watch > Reset). 

In case from your previous issue on Samsung Cloud backup (Showing watch has not backed up yet) should have been resolved if you kept your watch connected to WiFi / Battery is at least 30% / Screen off (Automatic backup occurs between 1AM -> 5AM). 

Screenshot_20240822_173256_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpgScreenshot_20240822_171507_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I have cleared cache from recovery mode many times since this charging problem started, including after this latest beta update.

Also,  I have still not had a backup saved to cloud for 71 days since the beginning of the beta, despite meeting all requirements. 

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

A second update to what I replied earlier.  Immediately after I wrote my first reply to your comment,  I decided to go ahead and do a factory reset. I let everything install, updated all apps after the reset, configured my settings,  and then let it sit for awhile to finish any remaining new setup processes and to cool off. Then I cleared cache from recovery again and rebooted and let it sit and cool down again.  I just now put it on the charger after all that and it Immediately started discharging again just like before the reset. I had to power it off again. 

0 Likes
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote

Again, this is a very frustrating update after all your efforts to restore the battery discharge issue. 

Although we are asking for the error reports for the 3rd time (if not, more in the future during Beta if this issue is not resolved), could you send the error report once more?

Your reproduction steps look correct, but since you've cleared cache, used different old chargers (We suspect old charger model could be causing this issue, so please provide the model number or name of the brand in the issue as well), even done a hard reset , and issue still persists we kindly ask you do help us more. 

Reproduction steps:
1)  Start charging your battery when the remaining level is 50~60%. 

2) Put it on charger to observe discharge (Battey starts discharging -> Over heats )

3) Once it hits 30~40% (or 30 minutes after charging), start the error report process: (Make sure your "Send System log data" is checked)

Screenshot_20240729_152601_Samsung Members.jpg

Again, we appreciate your effort to help release a stable software. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I filed another report but the information I tried to include in the description got cut off because of character limit. 

I was trying to add that I started charging this at 52%, it went up to 58% in 6 minutes but then stopped charging,  and then cycled up and down a percent for a half hour. It then started to discharge and when I submitted the report was at 47% and going down. I couldn't wait any longer to submit the report because I have to leave and needed to take it off the charger.

Yesterday, I started charging at 30% and it started discharging rapidly within 2 minutes. I did include all the charger info in the report. 

USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userZNnTdcqwZP (once more), 

We've received your error report successfully through our channels and the developers are currently under review with your logs. Thank you for submitting an error back to us 😊.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions

Just a quick information. I have not experienced it again after that day.

0 Likes