Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Embedded video causing problems

(Topic created: 10-03-2021 07:06 AM)
mrjrod66
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
So for the most part aside from some of the listed issues my s21+ has been functioning pretty good on the beta. I don't see this particular issue listed so I'm posting it.

Occasionally when I go to play an embedded video on a webpage it will lock up for a moment, go to a black screen (lock screen) I can tap it to wake, it will wake for a moment and go into a loop of the above. The only way to get out of it is to hard shut down the phone. 

I see the YouTube pip mode listed on the known issue list but wasn't sure if it included embedded video. 

Otherwise I'm liking the oneui 4. Thanks guys
9 Replies
Scottthreet45
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
my phone does that also!!!
McG023
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Mine does this too! This morning after it happened my phone rebooted into recovery mode.
GalaxySizedRod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I know something funny was happening to webkit last few days . In app web pages wouldn't load at all.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
So, what you're stating is, let's say, you're at some news website that has a video embedded within the article, and you get the blackout lockup ?

I'll test this and report back
sumpunk85
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I've also noticed it the Google side feed when playing videos. It will loop the lock screen to open to lock for a few times then force the phone into a restart.
Focr06
Comet
Options
Discussions
This has already been reported and they aware of the problem...
userTLPCvhgCd3
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I've had this happen too. Since then, I've gotten a message saying "Serious Software Problem Detected " and that if it persists, I should contact customer support. I just sent an error report.
trancetheman
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Filed a bug report here since I am getting the same problem
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @mrjrod66  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes