cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Error reports are either ignored or getting nonsense replies.

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
jcnote
Halo
Options
Discussions

I've been so frustrated with the uselessness of submitted error reports that I've only submitted half of what I wanted to. I've either had no reply at all or gotten senseless replies that anyone would know wouldn't solve the problem or been asked to submit screenshots that I already submitted multiple times or been told that I need to submit log files which again were already submitted and that I got confirmation from the Members app saying they had been submitted. 

This last bug that I got a reply to was regarding backups to my Samsung account not working since the beginning of the beta. I submitted both logs and screenshots showing it has been 30 days without a backup and that the setting was properly checked. First I was told there was no log attached, which there was. Then I submitted again with the log and another screenshot and was told I need to "report using Samsung Beta App."  As far as I know, there is no such app. I submitted through the Contact Us in the beta Wearable app according to the directions in the beta notice  FAQ and also the directions given by @USBetaModerator3 in this community.

It seems whoever receives these error reports are just desperate not to do their jobs and will reply with whatever made up reason they can to ignore reports. This is very frustrating and it's certainly not going to get anything fixed.

4 Replies
vacbot
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I've noticed this too and I'm trying to get this to Samsung. Back a while ago it used to be great but now it Goten worse and worse.

MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

They like complicated scenarios apparently. I have been sending bug reports on so many issues and then finally i get a response back on all of them saying i need to use the beta app to send reports. What beta app??? I already have the beta wearable app and there no bug report button in there. šŸ¤·

userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Discussions

Tap circle icon in the middle of the screen(see screenshot) >> 3 dots at the upper right >> Settings >> Contact us

Screenshot_20240714_084135_Galaxy Watch6 Manager.jpg

ā€ƒ

USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote,

On behalf of our team, we sincerely apologize for your frustration towards the feedback that you receive from your error reports. As you may have noticed, multiple teams are involved during Beta program, and we all strive to provide the fullest effort to users. We understand that there is a difficulty communicating between users and developers, but we will do our best to keep you informed and synced with your issues. However, please understand that not all error reports can be resolved at once, as we monitor critical issues as priority (rebooting, crashes...). Also, your error reports are never ignored! 

First thing first, your cloud error report (Which has been successfully reported to the developers via Galaxy Wearable Beta app via Samsung Members) 

Your screenshot did help the developers to see the actual scene (Last backed up Jul 6, 2024 1:44 AM) but there were insufficient logs at the specific timestamp that they needed (There are times when users close the Members app while error is being sent, causing insufficient logs to be delivered). In this case, SmartSwitch log is necessary to dive into this issue further. 

[Steps]

1. Run Smart Switch app with your Phone/Watch connected
2. On the right side of top, 3 dots menu > Settings > About Smart Switch
3. Press 'Smart Switch' for 7 times
4. Log Zipping popup will come. Press OK button.

- when 'include wear log data' is checked, watch log files will be created

Problem with this step is that ...

1. There is no channel for users to communicate with the developers directly to share logs other than Galaxy Beta app error report (To regulate communication traffic) 

2. Security issues (To prevent your personal information on device being leaked while sending data)

3. Too much effort needed from the users 

... list goes on and on.

Please note that our developers are well aware of your reports that you've submitted over the Beta period (i.e: Watch Face/Stretched Time, heart rate measurement, Samsung Health notification...

(Note: For Heart Rate issue, you may try changing your Heart measurement setting to "Continuous measurement" in non-strenuous state while exercise mode in Samsung Health for active measurement, as sensor will shoot LED differently in these modes to prevent battery drainage. Exercise mode will shoot more LED  for accurate heartrate measurement, while "measure continuously" will be updated when there is little movement/signal is good) 

For Samsung Members commentary, as long as you are using the Galaxy Wearable Beta app prior to participation, your issues are communicated through our channel (Even though Samsung Members responded you with "Please submit via Beta app", you may kindly ignore if your steps were correct as @userZNnTdcqwZP mentioned in the threadšŸ˜Š).

Lastly, once we receive your error reports with insufficient logs, we don't leave them hanging but deliver to Software Quality Engineering team. From here, they do the heavy lifting for you (for example, your Smart Switch log) and try to reproduce your issues and collect sufficient logs for our developers to evaluate. 

We certainly hope that you didn't feel left out throughout the Beta program. 

Again, thank you for your contribution to Beta program and all your feedback is appreciated. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes