Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Facebook is broken

(Topic created: 09-24-2023 05:17 PM)
Options
Discussions
Anyone else's Facebook app completely broken? I don't go on it often but tried to today and it opened and worked initially but after a few minutes, it crashed. After the crash, it now will not even load fully before crashing again and again. I've troubleshooted as much as I could from my end, I've cleared cache and data, tried different versions of the app. Booted up recovery mode and cleared cache and did the "repair apps" there and still, it refuses to function at all. I count myself lucky with the beta so far as this has been the first and only issue I wasn't able to quickly resolve myself. I'm very tech savvy, so yes I probably tried you're suggestion since there's not many solutions to an app that isn't optimized for the OS you are running. Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this or only me? Thinking about downgrading back to my stable OneUI 5 I was on, I really don't even like this new OneUI 6. I absolutely hate the quick panel they made and how you are limited on what qs icons you can put on the panel. However I do really like the performance of OneUI 6. My phone boot time is almost twice as fast as it was on OneUI 5 and my phone is noticably more snappy than it used to be. It's a fact that Samsung has the worst RAM management in the industry by far, doesn't matter that I have 12gb RAM , my phone would only keep up to around 3 apps in RAM and would refresh the rest when I go back to them. I at least feel like things are a little better with OneUI 6 vs 5. I mean come on Samsung, if I have 12gb RAM, please let me phone utilize what's left after the system apps that take their resources. Why is my phone closing apps when I see that I still have 2gb or more of free RAM. I'm not talking about the bogus virtual RAM feature because that's just swap, I'm talking actual real RAM. Samsung's RAM management is the most aggressive thing to exist. Even with my phone RAM set to "speed mode" that claims to keep more apps in RAM, I still am getting app refreshing when I have at least 2gb free still. This is something I thought Samsung was addressing with this new OS but I guess that's just something Samsung doesn't care about. The S24 Ultra will have 16gb RAM but I guarantee you that a pixel 4 with 4gb RAM will be able to have more apps open at once than the 16gb S24 Ultra. I have every single setting that helps keep apps open on but in the end, this phone can't be nrooted so Samsung will always win and close apps as it pleases. Aside from their ram management, Samsung phones are the best there is which is why I tolerate their obviously fixable shortcomings but I do hope that they will start to address the RAM problem that's been haunting us since the Note 20 Ultra. I should be able to have somewhere between 5-8 app or more depending on how resource intensive they are for quick access no problem with 12gb but no, my phone always has to have 2gb free and unused at all times. I should have saved $200 and bought the 8gb RAM Ultra since it will keep the same amount of apps open as the 12 GB version. Let me stop ranting now but the more we complain about it the more pressure it'll put on Samsung to fix it. We pay so much money for the RAM upgrade, let us actually get the benefits of it! Redesign the RAM management already, it's been years since this was implemented and it's still an issue to this day and I see OneUI 6 also doesn't completely fix this so I truly hope that OneUI 7 or 6.1 will finally get us back to what we used to have. The S10 and lower never had this issue, they purposely made it like this to either try to make people buy the higher specced version or because they just don't care what we want . Rant over Samsung's retarded ram management is over. Please let me know if any of you are having trouble with Facebook, it'll help me diagnose the issue. Hopefully Facebook updates to a version optimized for OneUI 6 on S22 Ultra soon since now everyone has it. I know FB works fine on the S23 Ultra so they just need to alter it for us or it's a Samsung issue and they need to fix it. It's one of the most used apps in the world, it should work fine! 
0 Likes
7 Replies
user5J5jBe9uGm
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
it doesn't play videos for me but other than that it works fine
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Right, that's exactly what I was experiencing. The videos are the source of the issue. I only realized after reading your comment. It's actually pretty insane how many different bugs there are on this beta. Even compared to the 5 beta, this is just a whole new level of insanity, it definitely feels more alpha than beta to me. I like most of the changes but holey moley is beta 1 buggy. I am not sure if I even want to continue with it or just head back to good ol OneUI 5 and not have a care in the world about a bug, but I'm addicted to new so I'll probably end up talking a bunch of **bleep** but still stay on it haha beta 2 can't come fast enough, unless we're going straight to stable from here which is totally possible since stable has to be done by the end of October. Doesn't matter to me which one it is just help us with this OneUI 6 alpha! Update more of your own apps so they work on your phone with your version of Android 14! It's easily the roughest beta version of any brand I've been a part of.
0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Working just fine here. No issues.
0 Likes
amontijo26
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Facebook messenger doesn't work for me. I keep getting signed out and it keeps crashing.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Yep, already did that at first, Facebook has went through three updates since that issue was happening and it no longer crashes for me since the updates that Facebook put out. So I'm good now and overall having no major issues with the beta. Thanks for the check up though
0 Likes
Tabbykitkat
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm unable to post comments on Facebook now.
0 Likes