Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Messages/RCS

(Topic created: 08-29-2022 04:31 PM)
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
I know there's been a lot of discussion on GM/RCS not working well since the Beta including my own posts from time to time but now I cannot get the app to work at all no matter what work-around I try! The app just stays stalled out in the trying to "Connect" mode. Upon uninstalling and reinstalling it goes through all the steps of setting up RCS including saying it is connected and ready to go but it is not... Any more ideas, thoughts on this? Thanks.

BobD
7 Replies
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Some users have reported that to work around this issue, turn the SIM off then back on.  

Please give this a try and if the issue persists, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Thank you but I have tried this several times with no success.
0 Likes
NewMulah
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
My RCS on S22+ T-Mobile working now wit the beta 2 update.... The first release crashed it all together where I had to send messages mms/sms but so far so good wit this 2nd update
0 Likes
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
G Messages/RCS on my S22U stopped working for good about half way through the beta 1 experience and has never reconnected again.
0 Likes
megatomic
Halo
Options
Discussions
Have you tried clearing stored data for both Google Messages and Carrier Services? That is a general RCS connecting error troubleshooting step I saw on a Google forum.
0 Likes
NewMulah
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Have u tried checking settings>Chat features? If it says connected u should. Be good now... Before it wouldn't even show I was connected to it
0 Likes
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Carrier Services was updated on GP last night and now I'm CONNECTED again. Yay... Thanks.
0 Likes