JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google messages bug

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Viper4774
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

If you try to tap on the Google messages app on the watch it will look like it's about to open but then crash out. You can receive messages and reply to them at the time but you cannot open Google messages app to look at past messages on the watch.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Viper4774,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We are currently aware of Google message issue (Crash / not opening/ no notification), as these apps are not yet certified with Google during open beta. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.
We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Viper4774,

Thank you for your feedback. 

We are currently aware of Google message issue (Crash / not opening/ no notification), as these apps are not yet certified with Google during open beta. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.
We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Ikenvape
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Full factory reset on the watch itself. Then reinstalled Google messaging app via PlayStore on watch. Then restored from watch back up. 

0 Likes
Viper4774
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

Thanks for the response.  After installing the beta I had to do a reset so the install was on a clean watch. 

0 Likes
Ikenvape
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

If it helps on the Play store from your phone make sure you are beta tester for Google messages. If you're not, sign up for it. And then you'll see the update show up to be downloaded via the store. On your watch Play store, go to my apps through the main page by scrolling all the way down. You should be able to update the messaging app from there.

0 Likes
TimmyTwo2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I'm on the Beta for Google Messages, still won't launch.

0 Likes
userYYqoqZzJNw
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Same. Can get and reply but can't enter myself. 

0 Likes
userTVqnQB5iGu
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Still didn't work .. 

0 Likes
userTVqnQB5iGu
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Still not working .. 

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

Same issue for me. Have Google messages beta but doesn't work on watch. Moderator responded that it's a known issue. 

0 Likes