Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Has Your Storage Increased?

(Topic created: 09-25-2023 03:23 AM)
Options
Discussions
Has anyone else noticed their storage has significantly increased since going into the Beta? On the S22 Ultra it has increased by at least five percent. Anyone else?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Okay, I thought that was just me being crazy. I have the 22+ but before, I was using 112 GB and now I'm using 100 GB out of my 256 GB available
My2002m
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes, the system files are using less space on Android 14. Maybe they haven't included all the bloatware yet.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
The old method of displaying storage was...well, inaccurate isn't right, but it wasn't the way we're used to seeing it. Basically Samsung was showing us Gibibytes, not gigabytes, and that's part of the reason why we were seeing wild stuff like 60+ gig system partitions.

This is a decent rundown of that situation. https://www.androidpolice.com/galaxy-s23-system-partition/

It seems that oneui6 is now displaying Gigabytes as we are accustomed to seeing, as well as having done some significant debloating. As a Gigabyte is smaller that a Gibibyte, it will appear that you "gained" some storage space.