Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I reset my galaxy 4 watch and now no google assistant is present

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions
I reset my galaxy 4 watch because of constant crashes with the galaxy watch manager on version one ui6 beta and now google assistant is no longer available in my app drawer and I can't download it from the play store because it doesn't show up there anymore. Can anyone help me. I need google assistant. Thanks.
10 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
If you reset your watch you may need to reinstall Google assistant from the app store on your watch
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googleassistant

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
cwinkler
Comet
Options
Discussions

the OP is on the Beta version, does that make any difference?

CWinkler
Galaxy S24 Ultra, Active4
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

Nope doesn't make a difference

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions
I can't reinstall the Google assistant because it isn't showing up in the galaxy watch playstore when I go there. That is my whole problem, and I am in the US with English US set up as my language.
0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

It obviously does. Google assistant is not showing up in the watch play store when I do a search . It only shows up when I look up essential watch apps and when I try to install it from there it says that Google assistant is not compatible with my device even though it was installed before I reset my watch.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions

Google assistant doesn't exist on the watch play store. That's the problem. It doesn't show up as an app to download. The only place it exists is under watch essentials and when I try to download it it says that it is not compatible with my device. I think that it is a bug from the one ui6 beta watch update.

0 Likes
userE6PgnERrrS
Constellation
Options
Discussions
My watch 5 updated and I can't get google assistant to work. It was previously installed and working. When it takes me to the phone to set up, the select or contine button is missing. I've rebooted both. Any suggestions? Samsung 24 ultra.
0 Likes
userD7sd4jj0DE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

I had to do this a couple of times after resetting my watch.  The answer is to find it in the Google Play store app on the watch and reinstall it.  When you click on the Google Play app on the watch, click the search icon and type "assistant."  That usually finds the app and you can install it again from there.  

Even when I backed up an old watch and installed a new watch, I had to go through this process.

0 Likes
johnnyc256
Halo
Options
Discussions
It didn't work for me as the watch play store didn't show Google assistant when I reached for it. I saw it on essential watch apps and it said that the version was incompatible with my device. It must be a beta oneui6 bug.
0 Likes