Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Keep getting replies to my error reports that there is no log

(Topic created: 08-08-2024 09:49 AM)
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I always attach logs every time. I always wait patiently for the error reports to be sent and do not leave the Members app no matter how long it takes. I always receive a notification that the error reports were sent before doing anything else on my phone. 

Then,  when I finally get a reply to my reports, they tell me they aten't doing anything about it because no logs were attached, which simply isn't true. I feel like everything I am doing to try to get bugs fixed is useless because the devs just don't want to do their jobs.

What is the point of this if the devs just blow off working on every problem in their software no matter how serious it is? I even get the false no log reply to issues that are easily reproducible by them and they wouldn't need a log from me to work on them. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote,

Thank you for your contribution to Beta program. 

Your issues actually help us tremendously for software improvement, since multiple users are also raising the same / similar issues as yours. For your recent battery discharge issue, it seems that your response from Members' app was "check the 'Send system log data and resubmit the logs'"  even though you have followed the proper steps to send the logs. But the hidden meaning behind this comment is actually: "We observed something wrong, and we will take it from here šŸ¤—" instead of "We are not doing our job because there was insufficient information!".

Technical explanation is that users' software is built with memory optimization (much lighter in memory usage), so not all logs can be collected from a user point of view when we have to dig deeper (more logs from backend side is needed to analyze battery system logs).

It's kind of like a matching puzzle piece, where combination of your piece (error logs) and other pieces (other users' error logs) help us to understand the root cause to build a full picture (software optimization). 

We sincerely appreciate your effort to improve the Beta software by sending back us your error report.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

I got this reply again today to another report. This is not acceptable that this is supposed to contain some hidden meaning that is the opposite of what they are saying to me. This report was a second report of a bug that i had filed before and received the same no log reply to:

No log. Please check on 'send system log data' menu when reporting issues from Samsung members. Captured logs are needed in order for us to further analyze.

Let me add something. Actually, this was a third report of this bug, not second. After the first report that I got the reply that there was no log, I replied back that I had attached the log and I again submitted a brand new log and new screenshot. I got a reply to that 2nd report with logs to submit a report about it. That was beyond frustrating. After the next update contained the same bug,  I submitted a third report with logs and screenshot and got this no log reply again. This is clearly a way for your devs to close error reports without working on them. 

0 Likes