Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Messages app

(Topic created: 10-18-2023 12:48 PM)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

I'm posting this in the Beta forum since this particular issue has occurred twice since being in the beta (though it might be a coincidence).

Over the past week, I've had two people that I've messaged (Google messages) where they both replied, but I never got the message. (I've only recently moved to Google messages as a troubleshooting attempt from when I was with TMO. I'm now with AT&T.)

In both instances, the sender was using iPhone. I don't know their carriers, but I do know that both did, in fact reply. I've just switched back to Samsung Messages, and confirmed with one party that I could receive a return text. I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts or speculation on this. It could be an RCS issue with Google Messages, an iPhone issue with Google Messages, etc. I'm just not clear.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I also have AT&T and have been using Google messages for quite a while (I use their beta as well). I haven't had any issues with receiving messages from iPhones (my husband as well as my supervisor both have iPhones and we text everyday)
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

in the TMI category, the bride and I were on TMO (unlocked from Samsung) and were missing calls and incoming texts...sometimes couldn't make outgoing texts without restarting the device. it became a real problem and after a month of working with them for a fix, we moved to AT&T. outside of these two texts, we haven't had one problem with our service. but after dealing with this real issue the past couple of months, these two glitches make me nervous 😉

Casey88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You should be okay, it is probably a glitch with the beta software and will clear up. Especially if it's just been the 2 times
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions

You're probably right. My bride has a S23U and is on Google messages. To our knowledge, she hasn't experienced the problem. I already reached out to both parties who texted me, but did so through Samsung messages...communication worked fine. At some point, I'll go back to Google and see how that works...fingers crossed, of course.

Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
No issues here
0 Likes
isaact
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I've had this issue multiple times, from multiple people. Although with me it was in group messages. I was asumming it was just the normal iphone to android glitch. As far as I know I haven't missed any outside of group chats. But there's always the thought in the back of my mind that I may be missing some. The old problem of you don't know what you don't know.