cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

My green microphone light keeps coming up ever since beta.

(Topic created: 08-19-2023 06:37 PM)
KillaK2a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ever since I installed the beta I'm constantly getting my green microphone awareness light popping up like 3 or 4 times every 10 minutes. Before the beta I never had it come on at all. Besides when using camera or recording. But definitely not while just sitting on my home screen. What is this? What turned on that constantly wants to listen in and how do I turn it off without turning off ALL the permissions. 
15 Replies
Jay3578
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I noticed the same so I turned off the mic access. Screenshot_20230819_193940_Samsung Members.jpg
KillaK2a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ya. But doing it that way shuts down all of your microphone accessed apps. Including Hey Google, speak to text, etc. Was looking for a specific reason the beta turned this on and a specific way to turn it off without turning everything off related to the microphone.
Pedro216
Comet
Options
Discussions
Mines just started doing that today out of nowhere.🤔🤔🤔
GalaxySuperFan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You can see what apps are using the microphone and which one used it recently. I'll look and see where I found it.
0 Likes
KillaK2a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've done this as well and ever since the update I haven't given any permissions to use the mic. So zero apps are allowed and yet it still randomly goes off all the time.
0 Likes
GalaxySuperFan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Go to settings, go down to security privacy and then scroll down to privacy. It'll show you permission usage over the last 24 hours.
KillaK2a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Just checked. With it having zero permissions given for any apps yet it's showing zero history of being used. But I'm not loosing my mind. This thing is definitely coming on just sitting on my home screen.
Options
Discussions
It's google and has been happening since the beta
The app probably has a bug or is not optimized for the OS and it's probably not smth that u should worry about bc... it's google
But you can always turn off mic access in settings (will disable "hey google" voice detection
KillaK2a
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Sounds legit. I've looked into everything else. Typically I wouldn't care for such a small bug on a new beta. Just being that it was my mic listening when it had zero permissions from my side struck my interest.
0 Likes