Did you mean: 

Original topic:

New Auto Restart is a Bad Idea

(Topic created: 09-11-2022 08:21 PM)
userp6tZtQKudk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I need to be alerted to my Ring app alerts/notifications immediately, obviously. I live in bad, bad place. 

So when the phone decides of its own volition to restart at 2:20 AM, this means that I will not be awakened by any alert that someone is prowling around my house or my vehicle because I have not unlocked my phone. 

I don't want my phone to restart in the middle of the night. Bad things happen in the middle of the night. And I am not able to receive notifications of these bad things happening. 

So, I had to turn off the auto restart feature altogether. 

Bring back the option to set a specific time. Seriously, why take that away? Why mess with something that isn't broken?

Jesus Christ. Dont make things worse just to be able to say you made some changes. 
14 Replies
userS3UDtwGPXx
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Agreed, terrible addition
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
You can turn it off
userp6tZtQKudk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I did turn it off, as stated clearly in the post. My suggestion was to bring back the option to set a specific time.

But hey, thanks for your thoughtful input.
userBobD104
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Apparently the developers didn't take into account that locked devices would not be able to fully boot up rendering devices partially catatonic until the user allowed access...
0 Likes
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I figured they wanted to move it into routines, but there's no way to reboot. Very strange removal.
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Agreed!
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
I've said this in previous posts about this it is an excellent feature and if we can't choose when we want to do it what Samsung really needs to do is when the phone restarts is make it so the phone will start up without having to unlock it first being that the best time to restart and optimize would be at night while sleeping the whole problem is having to unlock the phone for the system to start up after restart I really don't understand why it is this way doesn't make sense
Options
Discussions
This does sound like a real concern, and you explained this in detail. Perhaps send in an error report as maybe this change was not intended and they need to put it back the way it was before.
Swiftdst9
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I made a suggestion to the developers also but noticed if I need to restart my phone before the auto restart does it...my phone won't restart on its own again.
0 Likes