Did you mean: 

Original topic:

No longer have the option to unlock pin with no confirmation for 4 digits

(Topic created: 10-01-2023 07:19 AM)
useraHmTySNW46
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

There use to be an option to unlock without confirmation option when setting up a PIN.

It still works but only if you have 6 digits now instead of 4. Being in the security industry, locks only keep out honest people...

That being. Any way to get that option back on S22 Ultra beta 1
Options
Discussions
Like I stated, I am not in any way shape or form a security expert, yes you are correct that even 5 minutes of having someone's device is a long time but you're incorrect about the fact of it not being capable wirelessly since that is in fact the way I watched the video, it took advantage of a vulnerability in Bluetooth and NFC security, They were literally doing it wirelessly, to phones, to cars to people's Wi-Fi enabled locks on their doors They were advertising the product pretty much and showing off its most impressive capabilities. While by default USB is set for charge, many people override that in developer options to charging+MTP for convenience at their own home I assume, I can't say for sure since I'm not one of those people but there are tons of threads about it and how to do it on XDA so there's apparently demand for how to turn off charging only without having to unlock your phone and then trust your computer before finally getting MTP access so you can transfer whatever. That's the end of the security talk from me as I Don't have any more information than what I have already given now and since I'm not an expert in the field I won't continue to make statements that I haven't personally seen myself.

I don't know if that last part of your comment was meant for me or for OP but I never had any concerns about security anyway so I have no need to talk to Google or anybody else regarding that, as I've stated I use a password not a passcode and my biometrics and I am not surrounded by a bunch of hackers so I don't care in the slightest what changes they make to their security methods. Aside from when I have to reboot, or the automatic timeout triggers, all I use is biometrics so as long as they don't decide to remove fingerprint scanning and face unlock then I'll never have an issue with what they change as far as security. Most of us have encrypted data anyway so there's not so much to worry about, even my backups are encrypted not because I'm worried about being hacked but just because by design I obviously want my data to be as safe as possible or as safe as the hardware I'm using allows since nowadays security breaches of enormous companies are quite common. I have been using a password for years instead of a pattern or passcode. I'm just taking advantage of the security that is offered to me so why not?
But yeah anyway, I have nothing further to say on the matter I feel like I've said everything I felt necessary so I won't be returning to this particular thread. Hopefully everyone in here has a good day and I'll catch you guys in a different thread
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I'm not going to argue, you make claims that are highly unlikely if notnimpossible.

Have a great rest of your weekend.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
They're not claims when there's video evidence, that's when it goes from a claim to a fact but I agree with you I am also done arguing although I feel like it was less of an argument and more of a debate at least we were civil with each other. But yeah, I've been trying to say I was done for a few posts now. Thanks, hope you enjoy the rest of yours too.
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I have "video evidence" of a talking mouse who pilots a steamboat. Just seeing it on a video doesn't mean it's true.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
My guy, didn't we just agree that we were done? You just continue to contradict yourself at every corner, all good here though You seem to have an issue with needing to have the last word so it's all you bro the notifications are getting annoying so I'm raising my white flag. You win, I lose, you're right I'm wrong, you're the man and I'm a nobody. There, can we stop now please, id appreciate it greatly.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Haha sorry but now for some reason I am literally only seeing posts that you are commenting on, you're literally everywhere! Maybe it's an algorithm for this app but every thread I click on even in other phones categories, I only see posts that you are already in. What phone do you have? It's hard to tell since you comment in everything from a 54s to s21s, other phones section, etc. Just curious, You don't have to tell me if you don't want to
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I have a S23U (my daughter's), fold 5, and A53 (my daughter's old phone), Fold 3 (my old phone, no longer have it with me though), a pixel 7a (backup / work phone). I answer questions that are easily answered, I don't need a A54 to answer a question about charging speed.
I have worked with electronics for 20 years, repairing and replacing aviation electronics, so I know how electricity works quite well.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Strange. I'm not on beta and I have a 4 digit pin and I use the option of unlock without confirmation. Did this change in OneUI 6?
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Yes. The beta makes it 6 digits.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Ah thanks. It honestly makes sense