Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

One UI 4.0 BETA

(Topic created: 12-12-2021 09:19 PM)
Simon31392
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
So, I love Samsung phones because I like their functionality, I like playing with softwares and when a new BETA is offered, I'm always looking in the MEMBERS app for my BETA offers, and never in the years I've used Samsung have I been offered a spot in any BETA programs. So, looks like I'm gonna end up doing it myself with this phone like I have with my past Samsung devices and install it on my own. It's kind of sad. I always have so much I do on these devices and would always love to he able to help build and create a stable software off of BETA programs and things, but I'm curious. Why do they only allow certain amounts of people to get access to BETA in stages? Why not release BETA1 to the public for optional update after BETA2 Iis being run? The software is there and usable and dispersable, but they don't want to let it out. So, the Note20 Ultra 5G is on BETA4, so why not release optional update to BETA3, or even BETA2, for optional OTA update? If it can be released in "batches to select users" those select users are limited by Samsung. It doesn't even have to be a mandatory update, but for it to be there for anyone interested in trying it. The annoyance is when I don't have a pc available due to unforseen circumstances, so I can't update it via pc right now. Why, Samsung? 
9 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
That's why ..
0 Likes
ArticuIate
Halo
Options
Discussions
That's why.... what? šŸ¤Ø
0 Likes
stskotty
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
They heard about you. And they heard about what you did.
0 Likes
Simon31392
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
What do you mean? Lol
0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
They are on to you, sideloader...
On a serios note...you have a point....they shouldn't limit participant....
Am sure only people who are thrill seeker will install beta software anyways
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Simon31392 ,

We do recruit in stages to Beta Program only for the device which we plan to open for lot of users. For ex. on One UI 4 , we opened only S21 in 2 phases. Rest of models have a single recruitment phase. Phases of recruitment is to reduce impacted users in the event an severe issue happens. More stable the software, more easier it is for us to manage as we also have to process every single error report that is sent by our members. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
You understood him too quickly...
Free up the beta program for the device in question
Don't limit psrticipant.....
Only those die hard will join
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I agree..beta should be available for those who want to jump in..
0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Where is the BETA 4 ?
0 Likes