cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

One UI 6 Beta Samsung Band Selection (Verizon)

(Topic created: 09-21-2023 05:44 PM)
Tonyyx95
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Samsung Band Selection to disable 5g and force LTE on Verizon was working on One UI 5.1 (S22+) but no longer works for One UI 6 Beta. If you care about disabling 5g, do not update your Verizon device to One UI 6.
8 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
Noticed this myself earlier as now I'm stuck having to use 5g which I hate because there are a couple of dead spots around my area that stays connected to 5g but will not work but 4g/LTE does
0 Likes
Tonyyx95
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Yeah, I'm gonna be downgrading back to 5.1 and sticking there probably. Not worth it even though I like the new features
MrStratocaster
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Sorry see my comment below. I meant to reply ...
0 Likes
MrStratocaster
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Doesn't the Samsung network app work? Verizon blocks it on Samsung devices but I used an app and it was only one to work ..pink with rainbow colors icon in Play store. Use the more network settings on the app. It takes you to the hidden or locked out area where I hit 4g lte only. Mine is a Verizon S22. But I have not taken the beta yet. Thinking about downloading and renaming update.zip and flashing manually in recovery using adb. Like most that can't get the beta. If this you've tried already , app I mean let me know. I hate 5g. I might try my visible sim though.
0 Likes
Bhupal64
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
@Tonyyx95 5g band is not disabled in one ui 6 it is working on my phone under verizon
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Discussions
We are taking about disabling it using Samsung Band Selection
0 Likes
Lawrence1124
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You can just enable the hidden servicemode menu by using the hidden menu tool on a PC. Search that on Google or I think there's still an article about it on Reddit. Then you'll be able to band select directly within the phone and not just an app
0 Likes
Alanmo4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm using the Unlocked S22 Ultra on T-Mobile. I found that after the upgrade to Beta, my device was also stuck on LTE. Under Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks, the Allow 5G service was toggled on. I toggled off and then back on and then got the 5G back.
0 Likes