Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Phone stops charging overnight.

(Topic created: 10-09-2022 09:34 PM)
Delsin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Is anyone else having issues with their phone not charging overnight? With the battery problems already being apparent, I'm having what I'd consider a problem with my phone getting to 100% and it stops charging. 

Thats not the problem. The problem comes in when it begins to drain throughout the night and never charges back to 100%. 

I wake up to a battery that is 70-80% charged and end up having to plug my phone in at work because of both this and the battery drain issues. I don't know if I'm simply missing something or if this is an issue that needs addressed. 

0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Discussions
Do you have battery protection turned on? It limits the max charge to 85%
Delsin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I do not. It charges to 100% stops and never begins again, no matter how low the battery gets while connected.
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I've had it happen 2 times, but both times the device was still at like 97% so it was fine. Your bigger issue is that battery drain. Your device should not be losing more than like 1% per hour overnight unless you are leaving AOD on all night. Which I don't recommend
Delsin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I dont use AOD. Battery life is the biggest issue here. Not sure what the issue is, other than maybe usage monitoring to learn patterns being reset.
Options
Discussions
I would suggest an old android trick.
Run your battery down completely until the phone shuts off. Then charge it completely without interruption.
0 Likes
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
In my experience, my battery stops charging if I have a Bixby/modes and routines to protect battery until a certain time. If it charges to 85% within this protect battery time period, the battery will start to discharge. However, once the routine time period ends, it will begin to charge to 100%. The other time my phone stops charging is if I have it charged on a wireless pad. For some reason, the thing goofs up and doesn't want to charge my phone.
HauntedAtoms
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
It sounds to me like you have a bixby routine set to turn on battery protection for early morning hours and then turn it off. So you plug in your phone at 10pm and it charges to 100. Then at 1 or 2 am the routine turns on battery protection, causing the phone not to charge back to 100 when it discharges.
I can't imagine why it would discharge to 70 or 80.

Even if you think you don't have that routine on, check your routines. Also look at you battery graph to see what happens and at what time.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

As other users have suggested, please check if you have a routine set that stops battery from charging fully.  If that is not the case, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report to help us debug.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Delsin
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
No routine, I did, however, end up setting one up that does exactly this and reverses the action an hour before my alarm and have no issues now. Seems like this should help the battery, even if only slightly. I'm not sure what it is, but routines ended up working as a fix.
0 Likes