Did you mean: 

Original topic:

RAM Plus debate

(Topic created: 10-01-2022 06:55 AM)
Lawrence1124
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Everyone has been saying to keep ram plus off, which is how I had it, but ever since beta 3 I've had insane lag, like the phone straight up freezing (S22 Ultra). Well I just turned it back on at 8 gigs and so far, my phone is flawlessly smooth. Just my current experience.
0 Likes
12 Replies
kbrncito
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
RAM plus has been off since we could turn it off. Haven't had any problems with the latest beta when it comes to lag.
So yeah it's Off.
Perhaps something else was or is making your phone laggy...
But then again you turned it on and works...
🤷‍:male_sign:🤷‍:male_sign:
Lawrence1124
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yeah, it's strange. Still flawless as I type this with it on. Other betas I had no lag. This one at times I can't even type. But so far with ram plus on I've had no issues
Boosy
Star
Options
Discussions
Mine has been turned off since the option to do so was added in beta 2.
My s22 ultra has been flawless without it. I hope it stays as is; let the user decide what works best.
blazeBark
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've always had 8 GB of RAM Plus enabled and have never had any issues.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
It's really preference. Mine has always been 4GB. I also have 256GB of storage so big deal. I honestly don't ever see anyone ever having to turn it off if for running low on storage.

With today's operating systems & the larger RAM amount being offered, virtual RAM is really not needed. Unless someone is running like 10 apps at once and needs them.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
I didn't like it on computers or phones, I was happy that they let you disable it now
ljhgeist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
What is this you speak of? Where would I find this setting? I typed it in the settings search bar and it came up with Instagram lol
0 Likes
sunny28
Comet
Options
Discussions
Go into device care in settings and then into memory and it's at the bottom of the page, you can choose how many gigs you want to use and then restart your phone for it to take effect. See what you like as others said. I usually have it off but I want to see if it takes care of some bugs :bug: 🤔
There are many useful features in device care so explore to get more out of your phone if you haven't already.
ljhgeist
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thanks I haven't spent much time there. I'll check it out now that I'm finally feeling better. Another round of COVID... Ended up sharing it this time. 😳
0 Likes