Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung One UI Beta Question

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 11:13 PM)
userVogGU1lt0g
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Just a quick question, will I be able to update easily when the new stable update comes out? I'm just afraid of trying out the beta and not being able to easily update to the stable one once it is out without having to factory reset

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

From past experiences, there should be no issues. It will update normally the same as any other update. But as it usually states, just make sure you perform a backup of your data just incase. 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions

From past experiences, there should be no issues. It will update normally the same as any other update. But as it usually states, just make sure you perform a backup of your data just incase. 

user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
It's simply another upgrade / update ... but I doubt you're going to find a slot in the Beta program this late in the game
0 Likes
userVogGU1lt0g
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I did get a spot but now I was in a dilemma because now I have a constant update notification and wanted to know if its like a normal update
0 Likes
PowerUser
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well since you're a Beta Tester, as for ALL Beta Testers, you'll be AMONG THE LAST TO RECEIVE THE PUBLIC RELEASE. That's just how it is.

Beta testing has it privileges but being among the last to receive the public release AIN'T one of them.

If you backed up your device BEFORE you entered Beta Testing you could withdraw from testing.

You'd have enough time, AFTER RESTORING your device to it's PRE-BETA TESTING STATE, to receive the Android 13 release later, or sooner, this month.

I withdrew in the 3rd week of September because the apps I paid for weren't functioning properly. I also didn't want to wait until they released Android 13 to Beta Testers AFTER the PR wherever that happens.

It's there smartest move I've made since I've owned Samsung devices and have been a Beta Tester for at least the last 10+ years.

I know the world will be sorry to hear but I'm done with Beta Testing.
0 Likes
egor0128
Comet
Options
Discussions
I agree there should be no issues. And not long after google wallet. Good lock will work again
0 Likes