JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please fix the Samsung Health notifications

(Topic created: 08-23-2024 05:59 AM)
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

A lot of us have filed error reports and also posted on here about this issue but it continues. Please fix the problem of getting Samsung Health notifications when those notifications are turned off. @USBetaModerator3  In case Samsung is not aware, a lot of new Watch 7 and Ultra owners are very angry about this. I even personally know a couple people who returned their new watches because of it and I'm sure they are not the only ones. This is especially true about the Daily Activity Goal notifications that happen several times a day. Please give us the ability to turn off these notificaitons and respect the blocked notifications setting.

13 Replies
USBetaModerator3
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jcnote,

Thank you so much for highlighting this issue again. 

We are in amid communicating with the developers about this "Samsung Health Goal" notification issue, whether it is a conceptual design or a bug that needs a fix. We already informed them that turning off any sorts of Health related notifications (through companion app, Samsung Health Monitor, Health, blocking notifications...) did not resolve the problem and it has been frustrating a lot of users (As you've seen from other thread such as Reddit, you may have noticed that Watch Ultra users are also frustrated by this issue) not just in US region but also in Korea as well (Another Beta participating country). 

Although this issue is still inconclusive, we will do our best to deliver the solution when updated. 

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced with this notification issue. 

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions

I ended up removing samsung health altogether from the watch because of this. All the health services no longer work but its better then 20 notifications of daily activities that ive never set and have turned all auto services off continuously notifying me. Fyi, you do NOT need samsung health running in the background for the watch to work properly. Samsung health will work just fine when the appropriate app is opened. If you remove samsung health from the watch, everything still works fine except any health services. 

0 Likes
Chef31684
Red Giant
Options
Discussions

Odd. I do not have issue with Samsung health on my Watch 4 Classic

0 Likes
Options
Discussions

Go to watch manager/Watch settings/notifications/app notifications/ Turn off the slider for samsung health (and health platform etc = No more notifications

Please mark this as solution for the next guy. 

Screenshot_20240807_151527_Galaxy Watch5 Manager.jpg

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

Those have been off since the beginning. Those settings are not respected in One UI 6. That is the bug.

Options
Discussions

Try toggling them on and back off. This is the solution

0 Likes
jcnote
Galaxy
Options
Discussions

No,  this is not the solution, Rob.

userlBl7FoS56K
Asteroid
Options
Discussions

this is not a solution, problem still persists.

0 Likes
otherd
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Thank you!

0 Likes