Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Ram Plus vs No Ram Plus

(Topic created: 09-17-2022 10:49 AM)
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've been currently using the S22 Ultra (256gb model) with 12 gb of ram and it seems to be faster without RAM Plus. I mean I don't think I even need Ram Plus to begin with due to the fact it comes with 12 gb of ram, but this might change on the 128gb model. One thing I do notice is that Ram Plus doesn't necessarily take up much storage on your phone. As shown on the comment below, it takes up ≈800mb of your phones storage. I do think that you guys should turn of Ram Plus as it improves your phones overall experience, but there are some benefits to having it turned on, though I don't think it is worth it unless you like having so many apps open.
26 Replies
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
1st picture is with RAMPLUS turned on and the 2nd without it.Screenshot_20220917_133710_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20220917_134530_My Files.jpg
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
That's a very small amount used with R+ turned on. Tbh, I don't ever see the need for virtual RAM (which is what RAM plus is) to have a need on smartphones as the vast majority of people are not going to be running so many apps as to use even 8gigs of RAM, let alone 12.

I see VR being needed on the typical desktop as some come with less RAM but people will have multiple windows opened on one program or more.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I haven't noticed a difference since disabling it, but I've left it off because I have no need for this.

Also, this thread should probably go in the general S22 forum, not the beta discussion
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
The Beta includes the feature to turn off RamPlus.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Oh, weird I didn't realize it was always on before. Just checked my tablet and sure enough, no off switch. Interesting.
PrimePixel
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yeah it is only on the One UI 5.0
BetaV2Tester
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Oh my God. I turned RAM plus off and restarted the phone. Now the animation is very smooth. I guess this has something to do with Beta version. Because I tried the same thing on One UI 4 but I didn't notice the difference.
Options
Discussions
Only the beta has the option to turn off RP.
BetaV2Tester
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Oh ok I wasn't aware of that. This is a huge feature added to One 5 UI.