Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Experience with RAM Plus Off

(Topic created: 09-12-2022 08:50 PM)
CJ78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Has anyone done testing with RAM Plus off? After seeing some articles online about better performance with it off I disabled and the phone is blazing fast now with much better animations. I'd been seeing a lot of random stuttering in apps that now appears to be gone. Curious what others have seen.
13 Replies
johnnyboiii
Nebula
Options
Discussions
So I have tested it, and it does seem to have improved system performance but I don't see a change in my animation stuttering.
bqooo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I just tried it after reading your post, and I noticed a little bit of performance gain. not anything big.
I wonder why this happens ??
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Because RAM Plus uses storage to mimic ram and the storage speeds are much slower than actual ram. In reality this feature should be tweaked so that it only uses the RAM Plus when you are running out of actual ram
CJ78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've noticed the biggest change over time when usually things would start to slow down. Since turning it off I'm not seeing the slow down. I'm really wondering if it's how it interacts with a particular app on the device.
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
I turned this off when beta 2 was installed, didn't like it on computers nor the phone
0 Likes
Moosc
Nebula
Options
Discussions
If u have it on it will let more apps run in background. Turning it off reduces the amount of apps running. So I keep mine off to help with battery. Do I notice a difference I have no idea.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Philosophics
Nebula
Options
Discussions
This may be the cause of my error report. I will disable this (IMHO unneeded on a s22 ultra) feature tonight and report back after my work shift.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I look forward to seeing everyone else's experience with this. I have a 512GB S22U and can't imagine RAM Plus, on or off, having any measurable impact. But I'm always open to being wrong. lol

update: I lied, lol. killed the ram plus and the phone is noticeably smoother and even quicker. (9:00p)
0 Likes