Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Random restarts a few days into beta 2

(Topic created: 10-11-2021 07:26 PM)
Options
Discussions
In beta 1 I never got any random restarts. In beta 2, it stated out pretty great. No random restarts for the first 4-5 days but then suddenly I'm beginning to see random restarts - maybe 3-4 times a day. Sometimes it'll restart when I'm using my phone. Other times when I'm not. I'm sure this has been reported numerous times but just wanted to share my experience. I wonder what's causing it to happen now? I haven't done anything differently with my phone or installed any new apps. 

Edit: and yes, I've been reporting the system log after every restart. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next beta release. 
9 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
This is a very common issue, one that has gotten worse with beta2 ... a search would have shown you the plethora of posts
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
For sure! I commented about how it's a common issue but just wanted to share my experience with it. It's interesting how some people are experiencing it way more than others.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I keep commenting I get reboots 30+ times a day, but I'll bet it's more like 40+.
... I should start counting
Options
Discussions
**bleep** that is a lot. Is your phone even usable at this point?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Yea, everything works, except for an occasional Gmail or Maps crash.

This phone also reboots 4-5 times while I'm sleeping (six hour period), phone just sitting on the end table.

The real frustrating part, is when I'm typing something, like this answer to you ... the phone rebooted as I was half finished, so have to start over. But starting now, I'll compose in Keep Note then paste it over.

And I'm always rebooting to the Maintenance screen to Clear Cache Partition and the Repair App option.
Options
Discussions
Have you considered doing a full wipe and seeing if that helps?
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Yea, but my luck, everything will disappear šŸ™‚
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @user9Cm5NjyVjG ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

KH445
Comet
Options
Discussions
Hopefully your logs with your reports are actually being sent. Several times when when/if I get a response back after a report I'm basically told there was no log with your report please try again. Lol
0 Likes