Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Refresh stuck at 120hz?

(Topic created: 10-22-2021 11:06 PM)
Options
Discussions
If you turn on '"show refresh rate" in developer options, you'll see the screen's refresh rate. Under normal operation the screen will switch to 120 hz as soon as it detects touch input, and will drop to 60 after a few seconds. It will also drop the refresh rate in apps like YouTube, or on the Always on Display. Currently, I'm experiencing the screen basically locked at 120hz, even in youtube or the AOD. My main concern is the hit to battery life if the screen is always at 120hz. Anyone else experiencing this?
13 Replies
KH445
Comet
Options
Discussions
Fixed for me after clearing the cache partition 3X back to back.
Options
Discussions
Clearing the cache 3x seems to have worked for now
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I tried it after I read your post, and it would seem to be stuck at 120, I cleared the cache x2, re started the phone it still seemed to be stuck at 120, I turned the phone on and off one more time and now it will very quickly drop to 60 if I don't touch the phone, it's at 60 right now as I talk to text this.
0 Likes
austinhjjhfr
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Same problem here. And the steps above aren't working for me.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I shut my show refresh rate off after it started working, I turned it back on when I read your post and it seems to be stuck again.
0 Likes
DiegoKaku
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well, it was normal here until I tried to take a SS, now it's stuck in 120
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
that's probably why everyone reporting the new beta is so zippy, yeah it's blazing in 120 hertz mode 100% of the time.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
worked again after a restart... 60 HZ when I don't touch the phone... but it reverts back to 120 after a while
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
saw this on another post, it's an adaptive brightness issue. turn off adaptive brightness and turn up the brightness a little bit and the refresh rate should change.. the other poster said something about if the refresh rate changed while the phone was not very bright you could detect a shift in color I don't know what that means I'm just telling you what it said.. my refresh rate now says 60 HZ with the adaptive brightness off and the brightness set higher than what it was.. this could be normal behavior, efficient behavior, or overkill... your mileage may vary...

I left adaptive brightness on, shined a flashlight on the phone face.. the brightness changed and the 60 hertz came on the screen.. so the explanation bears out...