Did you mean: 

Original topic:

S23 Ultra - Phone rebooting/crashing every 15 minutes

(Topic created: 09-17-2023 04:33 AM)
depoultry
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
As the title says, my S23 Ultra has been crashing constantly since the latest update. It tends to happen while watching YouTube or when using Android Auto. The phone screen freezes, and then the phone restarts. Occasionally, the phone crashes again after unlocking the screen for the first time.

Version S918U1UEU1ZWI8. Happening to anyone else?
19 Replies
NateOnline
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Yes my phone restarts on it's own after this update
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
If your phone is still restarting, it's either WiFi 6 or you're using e-sim.
0 Likes
depoultry
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Wifi6 or 6e is causing the issue? My phone rebooted while on 5G.
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
If it's not your WiFi it could be the e-sim.
0 Likes
depoultry
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
It's definitely Wifi 6 as a whole. I disabled 6ghz on my router and the crashes didn't go away. I turned off my wi-fi and the crashes stopped.
0 Likes
cronkllr
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Wifi 6e was causing mine. I run a ubiquity setup with 2 a.p. . When I switched my connection to a wifi 6 network without the 6e setup. Crashing stopped.

I am using a esim from Google fi
MarkChang
Halo
Options
Discussions
I haven't had any crashing or unplanned restarts on the U1 beta 3. I watch at least an hour of YouTube on my phone daily and my ISP's gateway has WiFi 6e enabled that I use heavily when I am at home. One of the two SIM's in my device is an eSIM that is currently been set to active for most of the days I use my device.
0 Likes
userNw6uqneppj
Constellation
Options
Discussions
My samsung galaxy 23 ultra crashes and reboots so much difficult to use phone
0 Likes
peacey
Halo
Options
Discussions

If this is happening to you, instead of disabling WiFi 6E on your router, please try to dial *#2663# then press "Refresh WiFi Version" and see if this fixes the reboot issues for you. Make sure WiFi 6E is enabled, so we can see if this fixes the issue with WiFi 6E enabled.

0 Likes