Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Since Beta 4 Signal group chats cause reboot

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 05:34 PM)
Dantheman5606
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Since Beta 4 Signal messaging app group chats cause reboot if my phone screen is off and I get a notification. If i have the app open it doesn't crash. I've updated the app, cleared cache and data and it still happens. Anyone else experience this yet? Note it's only my group messages not single messages. Also my phone is on DND all the time so only get notifications from the app for starred contacts. 
9 Replies
JakeEss
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'm having the exact same issue. It only happens when my phone is on Do Not Disturb - if I turn that off then Signal group chats stop causing problems.
user7vUvy5leZX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Omg thank you for this! It's not just group chats but any message on Signal but didn't realize it fixed it if I turned off DND mode.
0 Likes
anker12
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I have the exact same issue
JakeEss
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I did some more testing and you can prevent the reboots by muting the conversation in Signal (long-press on the conversation, then choose Mute). For now I'll just do that whenever I turn on Do Not Disturb, and luckily I'm only in one group chat so I only have to do it once. This still definitely needs to be fixed, but muting in Signal will keep my phone working in the meantime.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Please try to clear app cache and try again. If the issue persists, it would be best if you let app developers know of this issue through their support channels. As issue involves a 3rd party app, fix needs to be performed from the application side.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
user7vUvy5leZX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This didn't happen until beta 4. So something changed in the OS from previous beta versions
JakeEss
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
While the issue is triggered by a third party app, the root cause is an OS issue:

10-11 15:50:32.693 1000 2215 2837 E AndroidRuntime: !@*** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: ranker
10-11 15:50:32.693 1000 2215 2837 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=1; index=1
10-11 15:50:32.693 1000 2215 2837 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.server.notification.ZenModeFiltering.matchesExceptionContacts(ZenModeFiltering.java:320)
JakeEss
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I just got Beta 5 and this appears to be fixed. Thanks Samsung!
Dantheman5606
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same!
0 Likes