Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Speaker crackling

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 07:57 AM)
Backsttabb
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Now I don't know if this is software related or just my speaker. I recently noticed crackling coming from the top speaker for some reason. 
0 Likes
10 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Crackling, when doing "what"?

Phone call?
Music?
Videos or YouTube?
... all?
Something else?
Backsttabb
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I've mainly heard it while watching videos on full volume.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
So I played a couple of Garbage videos and Hole videos at full volume ... no crackling here. (21 Ultra Unlocked).

So maybe there's something "physically" rwong, like moisture or tiny dirt particles?

I certainly would not attempt to blow anything out ... though I might use a "lite" vacuum tool to pull any possible debris out
SpenJo
Star
Options
Discussions
My phone did that, I just put it in some rice overnight and the crackling stopped. Did you drop it in a water for an extended period of time?
Backsttabb
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
No I haven't. I just feel like if some dirt particle got stuck in there and is causing the crackling.
0 Likes
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Discussions
My phone started doing that yesterday. I thought it was just the video I was watching, then it did it on 3 different occasions
JaVonS
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I haven't had crackling but I have noticed the speaker/sound quality is very different with this software version. I've noticed that with playing music/media from my phone. So yes something has to be going on with the speaker or sound with Android 12 beta.
Options
Discussions
The speakers have always been **bleep**
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
I hear crackling on phone calls through the ear piece. I thought it was just because I had it too loud. But agree that it is something new.